Passed class 2 27th January 2017 but!

My plan when the time comes is to generate a new check code to send off with every application, since you can have 15 active at a time and that way you can see when they’ve actually used it too - which will give me an idea if my application’s getting anywhere if I haven’t heard anything yet :slight_smile:

Generally only disclose last 5 as I read same info as you some time back. 19th of June and it’ll be 5 so I’ll check some point after that date and if it’s gone I’ll know for sure I no longer need to disclose it. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a dr10 from 2006,
I passed class 2 last year

All agencies will not use a check code and even get you to sign paper saying you allow then to log on to your licence,
This is the same for most companies out there
non will use the check code and just log on as if thy were you because they know that the check code way won’t reveal all endorcement’s
When I first passed I just decided I would be honest with everyone I applied with and got a job within a month with my very first non agency interview I had,

Made sure I got a face to face interview and told them right at the end, they checked with their insurance and I was covered so they did not care and appreciated my honesty .

Truth is dvla told me companies and not allowed to access your licence the way they do but there is no way for you to know that they have done so and thy could just deny you the job and not give the real reason why
Either way you end up jobless,
This was the main reason I decided to be honest and lucky it worked out for me

Don’t use agencies, would rather starve. Plenty of jobs going to not have to use them, besides already have a full time job so not in no rush to leave just fancying a change from pallets I think. Thanks for your reply though was an interesting read an something to look out for [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Dave:
I have a dr10 from 2006,
I passed class 2 last year

All agencies will not use a check code and even get you to sign paper saying you allow then to log on to your licence,
This is the same for most companies out there
non will use the check code and just log on as if thy were you because they know that the check code way won’t reveal all endorcement’s
When I first passed I just decided I would be honest with everyone I applied with and got a job within a month with my very first non agency interview I had,

Made sure I got a face to face interview and told them right at the end, they checked with their insurance and I was covered so they did not care and appreciated my honesty .

Truth is dvla told me companies and not allowed to access your licence the way they do but there is no way for you to know that they have done so and thy could just deny you the job and not give the real reason why
Either way you end up jobless,
This was the main reason I decided to be honest and lucky it worked out for me

They’re breaking the law, as the you say the DVLA have said. Personally if a company took issue with me handing them a print out complete with check code to use themselves, demanding that I give them the full licence code to check it out themselves by fraudulently pretending to be me, I would politely and professionally point out that it’s not appropriate to do so and if it turned out to stand in my way then I would report them. I’d rather remain professional enough for it not to get to that point, though, companies like to push their luck when it comes to laws and rights but often back down as quickly as it begins, knowing the hot water they could be in if it got out of hand.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I’m reluctant to believe that it is the “norm” to completely disregard the rules and regulations, and even a high court ruling in this manner, when anything over 5 years old does not affect any type of insurance policy (that was the basis of the high court ruling I’m referring to)

Could always get creative to dodge it: “Sorry I don’t have my photocard right now; my wallet was stolen just the other day but I had already generated these check codes for you. Here’s my passport for proof of identity”. But just because they want to play dirty shouldn’t mean we have to as well :wink:

Has this thread run long enough yet for me to berate you drunkards? :stuck_out_tongue:

Teetotal 10 years now but go ahead [emoji14]

A silly mistake like a DR10 makes a man rethink his choices, or at least it should.

haydnl:
I’m reluctant to believe that it is the “norm” to completely disregard the rules and regulations, and even a high court ruling in this manner, when anything over 5 years old does not affect any type of insurance policy (that was the basis of the high court ruling I’m referring to)

In my experiance this was the case sadly especially where agencies were concerned,
agencies say thy have to do such a search for driver negligence insurance,
Did a lot of looking around at the time and eventually I was told it will not be possible for companies to acsess your licence view , I believe gov.verify will be the only way to log in with proper passwords etc,
so one day agencies will be employing loads of drivers with no insurance Cover by their own current admission because there will be no way they can ever see.
It’s quite a common subject if you search around,

One point I asked dvla to take my records offline because they said to me if someone phones up they would never tell them over the phone, but apparently this can’t be done unless you are at risk of data theft , surly people logging in as you is a risk of data theft ? Lol
but they also said if I had gave them written consent to log on as me they were not breaking the law, or at least was a very grey area,

That’s how they cover their ■■■,

Cheers

I think this is verging on a whole different subject now; agencies claiming they “need” to fraudulently use a government service by posing as the licence holder themself is along the same lines of malpractice as the covert worker blacklists they’re not supposed to have but still do… Not to get too political, but multiple people have tried raising the blacklist issue in court on multiple occasions, citing all the rules and regulations which are broken by their existence but they just don’t get anywhere, precious little coverage and support of by the press either, but there’s articles out there if you look for them.