Passed C+E! NEW ***Job Offered***

After reading the post above, are you sure you want to?

Crusher75:

eagerbeaver:
Well done Jon. No longer a lowly rigid driver.

Now a driving God.

Cheers Eager… was thinking of taking all my underpants to be altered and ‘expanded’ this morning - but then though why not just go and buy a whole new set from the special, Class 1 section of my nearest truck-stop.

And thanks Evil - no problemo, when I catch up with Eager after I get on the road, will give him a slap across the face with my now exceedingly lengthened todger :laughing:

Jon

Buy this man a beer!!! :grimacing:

Love it, let’s get the abuse and banter going! :smiley:

For a start I’ve just been told I’m in a 7.5t for a day on Monday, so let’s just hope I can limp that far! :open_mouth:
It’s parked the other end of the yard, so my Lidi’s carrier will probably split on the way! :smiley:

It’s only for the day, as a Class 1 driver is rescinding his “God status” and wants a go at Class 2 for a while.
On Tuesday, he’s in the newest Class 2 wagon that sarky old git drives. Rather him than me, as the old bugger has OCD about cleaning, and I wouldn’t want the responsibility or sarky abuse I would get if I even got the tyres dirty! :laughing:

Well done :smiley:

From what I hear all the best drivers don’t pass first time and the very best drivers then go on to pass with 4 minors. :wink:

Evil8Beezle:

Crusher75:

eagerbeaver:
Well done Jon. No longer a lowly rigid driver.

Now a driving God.

Cheers Eager… was thinking of taking all my underpants to be altered and ‘expanded’ this morning - but then though why not just go and buy a whole new set from the special, Class 1 section of my nearest truck-stop.

And thanks Evil - no problemo, when I catch up with Eager after I get on the road, will give him a slap across the face with my now exceedingly lengthened todger :laughing:

Jon

Buy this man a beer!!! :grimacing:

Love it, let’s get the abuse and banter going! :smiley:

For a start I’ve just been told I’m in a 7.5t for a day on Monday, so let’s just hope I can limp that far! :open_mouth:
It’s parked the other end of the yard, so my Lidi’s carrier will probably split on the way! :smiley:

It’s only for the day, as a Class 1 driver is rescinding his “God status” and wants a go at Class 2 for a while.
On Tuesday, he’s in the newest Class 2 wagon that sarky old git drives. Rather him than me, as the old bugger has OCD about cleaning, and I wouldn’t want the responsibility or sarky abuse I would get if I even got the tyres dirty! :laughing:

You say that now!! I saw a Class 1 driver spray that black wheel shine stuff on his tyres!!!

ScottishChris:
You say that now!! I saw a Class 1 driver spray that black wheel shine stuff on his tyres!!!

So would this old timer! :smiley: And I said that on another tread if the company would buy him some… I abused him about getting some T cut, and he then told me that he once T cut’ed the tail lift! :open_mouth: But admitted he wouldn’t bother again as he got bored about half way though. I’m amazed he got that far! :laughing:

Don’t get me wrong I really like the bloke, as we have a good crack and throw a bit of banter and abuse at each other. For example I refer to his tail lift as his stannah stair lift. :smiley: And he calls me a a bellend who couldn’t lick his own balls without a SatNav to find them! :laughing:

But it’s all a laugh, and I was shocked when he suggested I drive his truck while he was on holiday. So I was very relieved Monday when i still had my normal wagon.

Think of it as a Christmas tree.

You get the branches at the bottom that the dog ■■■■■ his leg on. These are agency.

The next branches up get the crappy 15 year old baubles. These are 7.5 t drivers.

As you get further up, we find branches that are allowed the splendour of crackers. These are class 2 drivers.

AND THEN RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THE TREE, YOU WILL FIND A BIG F*CK OFF SHINY STAR. A CLASS 1 STOBART DRIVER.

eagerbeaver:

You get the branches at the bottom that the dog ■■■■■ his leg on. These are agency.

The next branches up get the crappy 15 year old baubles. These are 7.5 t drivers.

As you get further up, we find branches that are allowed the splendour of crackers. These are class 2 drivers.

AND THEN RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THE TREE, YOU WILL FIND A BIG F*CK OFF SHINY STAR. A CLASS 1 STOBART DRIVER.

With the top of the tree shoved up their… :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:
Congrats Crusher! :grimacing:

Best of luck with the job hunt…

And as you’re closer to his area, if you see the Beaver, give him a slap from me! :lol

Last week I saw at least 6 Stobart Tesco wagons in Hartsmoor doing trailer changes, that one must of been the Beaver.

Evil8Beezle:

ScottishChris:

Don’t get me wrong I really like the bloke, as we have a good crack and throw a bit of banter and abuse at each other. For example I refer to his tail lift as his stannah stair lift. :smiley: And he calls me a a bellend who couldn’t lick his own balls without a SatNav to find them! :laughing:

But it’s all a laugh, and I was shocked when he suggested I drive his truck while he was on holiday. So I was very relieved Monday when i still had my normal wagon.

lol gotta love guys like that! You should of on Monday pop some smelly spray in the cab!!! - Ideal xmas present should be the Stannah Stair Lift Catalogue! I sure he love to upgrade it!

eagerbeaver:

Where are the normal class 1 drivers then? Are they Gods?

They are Gods indeed. But Stobart drivers are Zeus.

King of the Gods.

Thanks for all the comments and posts.

As an update, exactly 2 weeks after passing my test, I have been invited to go for a day’s on-the-job experience at Stiller, Newton Aycliffe. :smiley:
Should this go well enough on both sides, I would then be invited back on a permanent basis - and although that might be starting on Class 2’s, is with the understanding that I would like to move on to Class 1’s as soon as everyone is comfortable in me doing so.

The guy who took my initial interview said that it will serve as a two-way process during which I will be paired with a regular driver on one of his normal routes. This will allow me to see what the day-to-day job involves, as well as giving the firm a chance to see what they need to look at, I guess.

As Stiller is a large player in the Palletline network, I believe my work, simply put, is: load up early morning, go out and do deliveries throughout the morning, followed by doing pick-ups on the way back and finished off with unloading and wagon prep for the next day.
What I also understand is that the work is mainly based around the North-East - so drive x number of miles (relatively short) and then do x number of deliveries all within a certain area.

It would be nice to hear from anyone who works/has worked for the company - as well as anyone doing similar work and any thoughts/words of wisdom/tips they might have :wink:
I understand that this job is not initially going to gain me any great experience in being on the road long distance driving, but I assume will make up for that in the sense that I am quickly going to learn how to make a good number of drops (incl. lots of maneuvering) and how best to interact with customers etc.
Aside from that,I like the idea of starting with a reputable, growing company who do seem to value their staff, as well as new starters.
And once I get going, hopefully successfully, I should have the chance to put myself forward for night trunking work to gain experience there.

Any thoughts/suggestions/info gratefully received.

Cheers,
Jon

Yep you will have a day or 2 with an experienced driver this will be around the North East / Teesside it will be multi drop / collection easy enough tbh then back to dept you don’t touch the unload side of things

When you get own route before you leave the yard check your drops & how they have loaded it if not happy ask them to change round for you

The night trunk is easy make sure all of load is strapped ( this is from the boss btw & they do sometimes check ) you then go to said dept ( there are several ) open curtains wait till they unload re load drive back fuel up on way back open curtains sorted sometimes you are asked to help move other vehicles round the yard you will have the time or sometimes if back early enough a short run on the estate this is normal