Overtaking!

grumpybum:
Are we really now at the stage where we moan about people just trying to be a bit helpful and courteous in a world where no-one gives a ■■■■?

No, not at all.

We’ve been at that stage for years. :wink:

I am one of the ‘can’t be arsed to flash’ brigade. It tickles me when someone goes by me (not often in my beastie) and then sits there waiting for me to flash them in. I rarely say thank you either if I am flashed in. Why■■? I just cannot be arsed and as my motor ‘flies a bit’ I do lots of overtaking so would be playing with that bloody indicator stalk all day long,

its a no no @ innovate

i do flash at night or in bad weather i.e. rain just to help as it can be hard to judge

That’s the problem nowadays in this industry, too many people who cant be arsed. No courtesy to others, no thought for their fellow drivers.
Selfish, self centred, ignorant people.
Alex

alexsaville:
That’s the problem nowadays in this industry, too many people who cant be arsed. No courtesy to others, no thought for their fellow drivers.
Selfish, self centred, ignorant people.
Alex

Well sayed , its common decency , and if we want to be treated as profesional drivers its time to act that way !

grumpybum:
Are we really now at the stage where we moan about people just trying to be a bit helpful and courteous in a world where no-one gives a ■■■■?

Here here!!!

Fallmonk:
its common decency

See thats always been my thinking, same as its only decent to wait for a flash so then you can be sure you havnt come in so close as to make the driver you have passed feel uncomfortable with the gap you have left them.

God im sounding old these days. :cry:

takes a nano second to flash someone in, dont really have to think about it so why not, shows you have a bit of manners to your fellow driver. when you go down the 'cant be bothered 'road (no pun intended), then you realy shouldnt be looking at THE UK PROFESSINAL DRIVERS FORUM in my eyes. incidentally did see a gywnedd shipping artic on the hard shoulder of the m6 a while back,driver was helping the elderly woman change a tyre on her car, while some people might say he could be in the wrong for stopping i thought it made a pleasent change :smiley:

Having read the last few posts I challenge you to wait until there is two seconds of clear road between you and the overtaking truck before “flashing them in”. You wont have to flash many times during the day!

i’ve found that it depends how fast i’ve passed another truck whether i get flashed in or not, when i worked for Cardiff Transport/ Carna i rarely got flashed when passing someone, if i crawl past someone they seem more likely to flash me in