Overtaking rant!

PaulNowak:
My bugbear is things like what happened to me today. Passing Argos artic on the A14, I’m about a third of the way along his trailer when he looks up and notices another truck merging in from the slip road. So straight on with the indicator, and starts moving across on me, because he’s in an artic, and I’m not.

Obviously I’m going to give in to him, because he failed to read the road.

WRONG! And waving and fist shaking and mouthing swear words at me won’t do anything either.

Bloody thing was only doing about 38 anyway :wink:

regardless of what i’m driving and what they’re driving, if it would mean me backing off less than what they’d have to, then chances are i’d back off and let them out, but every situation is different.

Rob K:

mickyblue:

Karl86:
What ■■■■■■ me off is when I drop a few clicks because the fool trying to overtake me can’t.They realise there making themselves look a tool sitting on my back end in lane 2 with the traffic building behind them but won’t pull back in behind me as that would cast doubt over there machoness so I drop off a bit because I feel sorry for the absolute tool they are making themselves look then get my flys cleared off my windscreen and not even a thank you!now that ■■■■■■ me off more than someone leaving me hanging.

Had the same when I was heading for Heathrow, where I noticed Monk heading in as I was heading out.

I sat there and clearly see he was finding it hard so I eased off and few MPH. He got past and as he was just past the cab he just flashed his orange light a few times and moved in with a few inches spare. Was not happy at all

“but why should we ease off just because you don’t have enough speed to get past quickly?” etc etc.

Did you expect anything else? The guy is a trumpet.

At it again rob eh. Nothing like a driver with bad attitude eh…and once more you have to slag someone else.
Have you ever heard of being courteous and helping other drivers or are you always selfish and only think of yourself?

Maybe you are the tool or is it a trumpet or something worse.

albion1971:

Rob K:

mickyblue:

Karl86:
What ■■■■■■ me off is when I drop a few clicks because the fool trying to overtake me can’t.They realise there making themselves look a tool sitting on my back end in lane 2 with the traffic building behind them but won’t pull back in behind me as that would cast doubt over there machoness so I drop off a bit because I feel sorry for the absolute tool they are making themselves look then get my flys cleared off my windscreen and not even a thank you!now that ■■■■■■ me off more than someone leaving me hanging.

Had the same when I was heading for Heathrow, where I noticed Monk heading in as I was heading out.

I sat there and clearly see he was finding it hard so I eased off and few MPH. He got past and as he was just past the cab he just flashed his orange light a few times and moved in with a few inches spare. Was not happy at all

“but why should we ease off just because you don’t have enough speed to get past quickly?” etc etc.

At it again rob eh. Nothing like a driver with bad attitude eh…and once more you have to slag someone else.
Have you ever heard of being courteous and helping other drivers or are you always selfish and only think of yourself?

Oh dear, 3 fails in 1. Not only do you not understand irony or sarcasm, but you don’t even know who I was referring to in my reply.

Keep your beak out please.

I should make it clear that I’m only on about the situation where I am fractionally faster than the wagon I’m overtaking but its clear that I will pass eventually

Rob K:

Yep agree I’m going about my day minding my own business and tootling along and now ive got to back off cos you got yourself in an awkward situation.

Just a suggestion why dont you knock it back a couple off clicks instead off me.

Dieseldoforme:
A competent writer wouldn’t have to edit 2 times in total. What do you mean ?

I edited out the comment that I initially made about the stupid dots you put into every post (see above). Then I edited out the dots in the quote of your post.

What do I mean? I mean a competent driver would already be aware of what, if anything, is behind them; they wouldn’t need to alter their road position or swerve around (fishtail, I believe you called it) to ascertain this information.

Professional drivers will know what I mean.

I’ll happily back off to let the faster truck pass, unless ive been tailgated for the last few miles beforehand. If theyre going to overtake then pull out and overtake, dont just sit there kissing my rear bumper because I see it as trying to bully me into slowing down, and im not willing to help them out. Theyre usually the ones who carve me up when they pull back in anyway.

Rob K:

albion1971:

Rob K:

mickyblue:

Karl86:

Oh dear, 3 fails in 1. Not only do you not understand irony or sarcasm, but you don’t even know who I was referring to in my reply.

Keep your beak out please.

I understand irony and sarcasm perfectly well.You made a comment…this is a forum and comments are open for discussion something you seem incapable of.
If you want to have a private conversation go else where eh.

albion1971:
I understand irony and sarcasm perfectly well.You made a comment…this is a forum and comments are open for discussion something you seem incapable of.
If you want to have a private conversation go else where eh.

Look, you’ve got nowt to say and you’re saying it too loud. Go and troll someone that cares for your BS :arrow_right:

I had the classic why we are hated the other evening, m6 north @ jct 2 let rigid in to lane 2 in front of me because article was joining, at charley services that artic finally let the rigid back in as he was pulling on the slip road. What made it even worse was the rigid stranded in lane 2 was flat out at 79kmh! To say I gave the bugles a work out would be an understatement! I can run at 90kmh + change. Bell end, was pulling in for a break anyway!

Yep, always back it off a few to let them go, no probs

Dieseldoforme:

Contraflow:
A competent driver would already be aware of what’s behind them.

Professional drivers will know what I mean.

Last edited by Contraflow on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

A competent writer wouldn’t have to edit 2 times in total. What do you mean ?

Shut up. And if your so perfect why have you used a number should it not be twice insted of 2 times, Muppet.

PaulNowak:
My bugbear is things like what happened to me today. Passing Argos artic on the A14, I’m about a third of the way along his trailer when he looks up and notices another truck merging in from the slip road. So straight on with the indicator, and starts moving across on me, because he’s in an artic, and I’m not.

Errr, who failed to read the road? You’re overtaking on a 2 lane road approaching an on slip.
Did you not consider it likely that the Argos driver may have a need to courteously move over to allow joining traffic on?

This is a type of road layout where accidents frequently happen. You blocked his escape route off. You had positioned yourself as the meat in the sandwich, between the HGV and the armco.

Driveroneuk:

PaulNowak:

Errr, who failed to read the road? You’re overtaking on a 2 lane road approaching an on slip.
Did you not consider it likely that the Argos driver may have a need to courteously move over to allow joining traffic on?

This is a type of road layout where accidents frequently happen. You blocked his escape route off. You had positioned yourself as the meat in the sandwich, between the HGV and the armco.

Another not-sure-if-serious here… :open_mouth:

The Nowak kid did nothing wrong. The issue was between the Argos and guy tanking down the slip ramp and that’s their problem to sort out between themselves, either by the Argos easing off or legally the guy on the slip ramp should’ve eased off until a suitable space appeared for him to merge.

For the record I wouldn’t have yielded to the Argos in that situation either. He should learn what the middle pedal does and also learn that there are other speeds to travel at than just 56mph.

Dafman:
Why have you used a number ?

Give me a clue Daft Man.

Get rid of limiters and everyone will love everyone else, think of all the frustration you will not have.

On the highway last night 110kph middle lane, minding my own business, what comes past me on the inside, driver one arm out the window, 6m/12m combination (interlink) doing at least 120kph, prob running 56t gross, he didn’t look stressed at all. :laughing:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Let them pass by knocking off the limiter for a few seconds.Still get to places on time and not stressed.
When on a five mile truck race it is bad for the ticker and raises adrenaline levels.
Is it worth it just to get past with fifty car drivers offering coffee as they go past blaring their horns.

Barr

Rob K, the guys not on here anymore, and every opportunity you get, you still have to have a dig at him.
Are you jealous of him.