Overspeeding.Another stick to beat us with?

Is there a reason for the tacho head being fitted above the driver, Can it not be fitted in a centre console in easier view of the driver. I find it uncomfortable looking at the unit regularly.

andy187:

Conor:
Whilst you’re not breaking the law in regards to speeding, you are breaking the law in regards to Construction and Use.

not that old BS again■■?

What do you mean BS? Fact is that a lorry over 12t GVW registered after 1/1/1988 has to have a speed limiting device fitted to ensure that the engine doesn’t provide drive >85KPH +/-5%.
If you’re knowingly driving a vehicle that doesn’t have one, you are committing an offence, just as much as if you were driving a lorry with insecure batteries.

McPlod:
Is there a reason for the tacho head being fitted above the driver, Can it not be fitted in a centre console in easier view of the driver. I find it uncomfortable looking at the unit regularly.

Have i missed something? i put my card in and don’t bother with it until i put it on break, why do you need to keep looking at it while driving? there is a big round thing on the dash that tells you how fast you’re going…what more do you need?

Conor:

andy187:

Conor:
Whilst you’re not breaking the law in regards to speeding, you are breaking the law in regards to Construction and Use.

not that old BS again■■?

What do you mean BS? Fact is that a lorry over 12t GVW registered after 1/1/1988 has to have a speed limiting device fitted to ensure that the engine doesn’t provide drive >85KPH +/-5%.
If you’re knowingly driving a vehicle that doesn’t have one, you are committing an offence, just as much as if you were driving a lorry with insecure batteries.

It is actually over 3.5 tonnes not 12t

The Speed limiter is fitted for the same reason as the tachograph, it is an EU regulation, we all have to abide by exactly the same rules, German, Belgians and British, even the Poles have them. My Dutch registered truck did not need to conform to British C&U regs, but it did conform to EC Type approval and regulations.