Overloading

Martin:

dar1976:

cieranc:
Anywhere between 820 and 950 kgs per 1000 litres.

It is certainly a theory that never crossed my mind until you mentioned it though :blush:

Cannot be the diesel, he already said the tare was the same… But I almost got caught with that one too :blush:

Which makes you wonder if it was a really short trip or the truck ran on fresh air.

Cheers for all the relies guys it was a load that could be affected by rain (waste in a walking floor) but it wasn’t on long enough and it wasn’t raining!!! As for the diesel that’s perfectly plausible but I didn’t fill up and it would also affect the tare. To my mind it’s a simple case of ‘tipping it off will ■■■■ the job right up so we’ll make look right’.
I would of been pleading not guilty because I’ve got it there in black and White what more can any of us really do other than weigh it and trust what it says on the ticket.

Simon.

ps I know I’m generally half a sleep but it was fully on the bridge lol

I would of been pleading not guilty

You cant plead not guilty if the VOSA weigh shows you are overweight… it is an absolute offence, the truck is overweight, wether you knew it or not doesnt matter in law, the fact it is over weight says your guilty, all you have is mitigation against any possible punishment.

Muckaway:
To avoid a new thread what about if you’re sheeted yet the load still blows off? I know it’s insecure load but if (as where I work) the sheet isn’t upto the job what else can I do?

say to the bossman, bossman, the sheet isn’t up to the job so i refuse to do any job that requires the sheet to stop the load blowing off, until the sheet is repaired or replaced.

stevie

I would be moaning my ■■■■■■■ head off then if I can’t plead not guilty!!!

Simon.

btw what would the penalty have been if they prosecuted.

green456:

Muckaway:
To avoid a new thread what about if you’re sheeted yet the load still blows off? I know it’s insecure load but if (as where I work) the sheet isn’t upto the job what else can I do?

moan to your boss instead of us :smiley:

Tried that, I got the “it’s type approved”; yes but for what? :unamused:

Mad Si79:
I would be moaning my [zb] head off then if I can’t plead not guilty!!!

Simon.

I think it’s a graduated fine; Something like £60 for a 5% overload and it goes up…unless you’re a ■■■■■ and you can get 5tonnes on a transit plus stolen tools,upto 5 inbred passengers and a 10foot pile of tree cuttings.

Mad Si79:
I would be moaning my [zb] head off then if I can’t plead not guilty!!!

Simon.

In this case probably just guilty with no penalties because you had the weigh ticket which showed you as being okay.

i dont normally worry about weight as were never anywhere near max,but this week i had a containeer ,pulling it with a little g-cab,it just looked so wrong[even though not much in it],i just had that feeling all day i was going to get pulled just for the look of the outfit,

Mad Si79:
Thought as much cheers for the replies. It’s not so much to do with calibration because tare weights are the same it’s due to it being a busy spot and the tossers can’t be arsed waiting for you to tip it off so make it ‘look right’.

Simon

They can pre-adjust the Weight which gets printed.
Had that xmas 2010 when i went over weighbridge.Everything was Ok on the Scania Rigid.So i went to the Workshop to check Tyre Pressure which was OK too.
Now,as i had to go around the building went i a second Time over the Weighbridge with 5000 kilo overloaded. Flat out 2500 kilo each axle.
Now, :slight_smile: for Xmas 2011 got i trained as Shunter and kept in the Yard :laughing: :laughing: