Over 20 years ban for lending digi card

What’s with all the sympathy for this ■■■■ whit who loaned out his card.■■ :open_mouth:
Who tf in their right mind in this day and age is actually stupid enough to do that? :open_mouth:
Answer…him, so what else would he be capable of doing ?
I would not loan my card to my life long best mate, …who IS actually a driver.

Good enough for him I reckon, if only just to save him from himself.
Get rid of a few more pricks in the job, and clean up the industry’s poor image.

Rules are there for a reason, break them and expect consequences, this is a good case to make an example so other muppet’s refrain from doing the same thing. Sorry but no sympathy from my mind. Justice was served. If your not responsible enough to hold a licence then have it taken away.

Absolutely no sympathy from me either,just surprised at the waaay too lenient punishment they handed out to a guy driving way to many hours in a big heavy truck compared to his compatriot.

Driver Hung out to dry.

:open_mouth: :unamused: :grimacing:
Considering that the Gilders’ must by now not only be on first name terms with the TC, but likely on the Christmas cards list, and seeing as he’s banned one from being a TM, and in the same breath says he’s thinks the next two on the family list are going to make good TM’s…

And its Gordon Gilder… before we get sued!

dieseldog999:
mabey he got 21 month,not years and its a typo…he should just have hooked the thing up though and not tried to be clever.wires and magnets do the job well enough,with the added bonus of sitting at 65 and not 56… :slight_smile:

Or use one of his other cards, why get someone else’s?

A.

Bluey Circles:
it doesnt seem to make a lot of sense, in one statement we have
In a written decision confirming his orders, the Traffic Commissioner said: “Traffic commissioners regard the supply of a drivers card to be used by another as serious as the false record itself.
but then he gets banned for 21 years as opposed to 18 months ?
also 21 years is an unusual timescale for a sentence, 15, 20 or 25 years may be, but 21?
It says he has been banned until June 2038, I’m thinking it could be just June 2018 and someone has wrote it down wrong ?

as he’s 49! 21 year ban equals 70! Your licence ( car ) is valid til your 70 th birthday. Vocational licence is a privilege, not a RIGHT. :grimacing:

shropshirestar.com/news/cri … cover-up-/

ROB…Get rid of a few more pricks in the job, and clean up the industry’s poor image.

Agree 100%…we are not all perfect or goody two shoes…this act is really taking the proverbial…If gilders knew what was happening…serves them right for having their O licence curtailed…serves the driver right for getting such a long ban, the driver who was stupid enough to loan his card out…should equally have had the book thrown at him…It seems there a few who will applaud these two idiots, but this industry needs tightening, and thank god VOSA is now clamping down hard on those who flout the rules, and i dont care about their nationality, every driver is under scrutiny, every company is too, and that can only be a good thing…thes type of issues help no one…except the owners…so deserve no respect…drivers should fight back at unscrupulous hauliers who attempt to overdo the work load…just because smart arse johnny over there did it 6 hours, no reason to think everyone can do it…just tell them it cant be done in that time, or tell them to expect a phone call with a missed delivery/collection…you dont have to do whatever your told, every single time.

Bluey Circles:
it doesnt seem to make a lot of sense, in one statement we have
In a written decision confirming his orders, the Traffic Commissioner said: “Traffic commissioners regard the supply of a drivers card to be used by another as serious as the false record itself.
but then he gets banned for 21 years as opposed to 18 months ?

Maybe there’s a history of him doing it and maybe the Gilders who gave the impressive evidence shopped him.

blue estate:

Rowley010:
Stupid and punishment is deserved, however, it perhaps seems a LITTLE bit harsh on the lender!

Yep 20 years is , he should have had the same length as the person he lent it to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your get found guilty of murder it’s not unheard of to get out before 20 years. So it doesn’t seem right to banned for that time for this.

DonutUK:
Edward Gilder…is the company.

Would they happen to be a part of William Gilder…■■?

Rowley010:

blue estate:

Rowley010:
Stupid and punishment is deserved, however, it perhaps seems a LITTLE bit harsh on the lender!

Yep 20 years is , he should have had the same length as the person he lent it to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your get found guilty of murder it’s not unheard of to get out before 20 years. So it doesn’t seem right to banned for that time for this.

It’s comparing apples with oranges though aint it.
There’s a world of difference between time inside and time during a driving ban.

“was on duty for 85 hours straight”

Someone was going to be killed if they kept that up. The long ban reflects their callous disregard for safety and sets an example to others.