Operators cpc

gaz12321:

Hinton:
I’ll be walking in with a bloody library! Lol

You’re only permitted to take the 3 official DVSA Guidelines that your training provider should issue you.

I breezed through mine at the end of last year after an 8 day course with FTA, their training was excellent. There were a number of candidates in my group that walked in with zero knowledge of the industry and walked out with the qualification, just try not to over complicate things, if your knowledge of the 3 core areas (Operator Licensing, Drivers Hours & Roadworthiness) is strong enough you’ll be fine.

The FTA are the only users of City and Guilds. OCR are a different exam board and their rules on what you can take in are different. No scribbling in empty space in the GV74 for those candidates!

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

nsmith1180:

gaz12321:

Hinton:

You’re only permitted to take the 3 official DVSA Guidelines that your training provider should issue you.

I breezed through mine at the end of last year after an 8 day course with FTA, their training was excellent. There were a number of candidates in my group that walked in with zero knowledge of the industry and walked out with the qualification, just try not to over complicate things, if your knowledge of the 3 core areas (Operator Licensing, Drivers Hours & Roadworthiness) is strong enough you’ll be fine.

The FTA are the only users of City and Guilds. OCR are a different exam board and their rules on what you can take in are different. No scribbling in empty space in the GV74 for those candidates!

Did you pass smithy…are u still looking at setting up with your own lorry?

Mattwoodtransport:

nsmith1180:

gaz12321:

Hinton:

Did you pass smithy…are u still looking at setting up with your own lorry?

Sat in my baby now. Takes a while to get everything sorted though. From booking test to sitting in Benz was over five months.

Good for you pal…I remember just those few months ago…when you had all the negative Norris’s putting you down.
Glad you made it mate.

Regretting it today with all the traffic I’m sat in around Cambridge!

More seriously though, thanks Matt. It probably wouldn’t have happened without some of the supportive comments from people like you to offset the doom mongers. Traffic jams and missed bookings aside I’m glad I did it.

nsmith1180:
Regretting it today with all the traffic I’m sat in around Cambridge!

More seriously though, thanks Matt. It probably wouldn’t have happened without some of the supportive comments from people like you to offset the doom mongers. Traffic jams and missed bookings aside I’m glad I did it.

That’s really good to hear. It’s very easy to get disheartened by everyone talking about how it’s a waste of time/too hard/not worth it. Good for you mate!

In the long run I’ll be setting up by myself, but going through all this home study stuff I am very quickly realising it’ll be a good idea to try and get work as a TM or even an understudy or TM for an operator. As well as driving till I have some more experience in it all.

But the end goal still stays the same!