Oops sorry boss,

I just read on Facebook.
That it’s happened a few times and the sent all there scanias back to get there 5th wheel to get modified.

Looks like it happened just outside the RDC as the unit joined the A361.

Well what do they expect if they tell an agency driver it’s self-tip.

Another company running from that estate had the same thing happen at the same place about 10years ago. Until recently you could still see the marks on the road.

PaulNowak:
Think of all the lost stock, almost a hundred quid if it was full!!!

:laughing:

PaulNowak:

Nearer £50 I’d say,most of it would be past it’s sell by date :wink:

tango boy:

bald bloke:

boredwivdrivin:
Lucky it came off before the dual carriageway / M4 !!

Could easily be dead people otherwise

50+ mph how long would that take to stop rolling ■■ :open_mouth:

He’s just come off the roundabout (and loaded) , he would not be doing 50+ miles yet.

Themoocher:
I just read on Facebook.
That it’s happened a few times and the sent all there scanias back to get there 5th wheel to get modified.

Whats wrong with or different about their 5th wheels?

The usual cause for trailer dropping down the road is the king pin sitting on top of the closed jaws which is aided and abetted by picking up trailers dropped on uneven ground and poor pick up methods.

They’ll have to insist all drivers get underneath and check with a torch that the jaws are locked correctly, if its regular DVSA should be visiting soon to see what the hells going on.

How long would it take to stop rolling? about the time it takes for the front to hit the floor and dig straight in the road :open_mouth:

Juddian:

Themoocher:
I just read on Facebook.

Whats wrong with or different about their 5th wheels?

The usual cause for trailer dropping down the road is the king pin sitting on top of the closed jaws which is aided and abetted by picking up trailers dropped on uneven ground and poor pick up methods.

They’ll have to insist all drivers get underneath and check with a torch that the jaws are locked correctly, if its regular DVSA should be visiting soon to see what the hells going on.

How long would it take to stop rolling? about the time it takes for the front to hit the floor and dig straight in the road :open_mouth:

I don’t know big man I just read it on Facebook on that link above.
Never had those joys of it happening to me.
Maybe cause I hook up properly :smiley:

Should of jumped out ,put on dog clip on before anyone arrived and said it was on all the time ,know someone who did this and he’s still employed

dozy:
Should of jumped out ,put on dog clip on before anyone arrived and said it was on all the time ,know someone who did this and he’s still employed

Bet his name begins with D and rhymes with nosey

When I worked for Aldi 16 years ago, the trailers would only be unhooked if maintenance or repair could not be done whilst hooked up. There were several combinations parked up at the far end of the frozen end of the yard, as spares. Mind you, transport was actually run by Howard Tennens and the drivers were employed by Howard Tennens. Don’t know how it works today.

Lots more Mr. Ski and Mr. Ov I guess.

Juddian:
They’ll have to insist all drivers get underneath and check with a torch that the jaws are locked correctly

This has been part of my walk around check for ages now… 5 second job for complete piece of mind.

Don’t think I could ever forgive myself if I dropped a trailer.

But if it wasn’t for TN, I’d never have known. They don’t teach it when you’re training. Told 2 tugs is sufficient. Induction at my current place never mentioned it either. And if you saw how some of the agency weekend guys and weekend shunters drop trailers…

dozy:

I can’t see he would have got away with that as I’m sure they would go through it all with a fine toothed comb.

bald bloke:

dozy:

I can’t see he would have got away with that as I’m sure they would go through it all with a fine toothed comb.

Well the one I knowb( dropped a full tri of sandwiches ) on knees is still employed , He claimed dog clip was on , didn’t get to road though ,pulled off bay ,turned right and it slid off , a.f.a.i.k the place it was loaded out of just stopped having a stand tri ,so no tri changes there after incident , no idea what was or wasn’t investigated , but like a lot of times ,it wether they want you gone ,if your a good employee ,good record then theyl turn a blind eye to it ( incidents) ,if they want you gone theyl take that opertunity to get rid .
It’s similar to hitting a bridge , I was always under the impression it was instant dismissal , but I know one who hit bridge , said he thought it would go ,and he’s still employed , just put on work where he uses same height tris .
Maybe it’s a case of we can’t get drivers , so any driver is better than no driver , no idea ,but in both the instances above there both still employees

PaulNowak:

dozy:

Bet his name begins with D and rhymes with nosey

No , if you read my posts of years ago you’d find that I’m one of the drivers who’s paranoid about reversing onto the pin , always reverse so far under ,get out cab and lift back end up ,reverse onto pin and then dog clip in and then under ,check jaws are locked with torch , never dropped one on knees or hit back of cab .
It wasn’t that many years ago all the new drivers / starters went out with me ,and boss / t.o / d/t would say wish we had more drivers like you :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: .
It was only 3 years ago we had redundancies , 97 drivers under threat ,scoring system was 97 th out first , 1st last , I was 5 th ( that was only because of surname , would of been 1 if surname a/b )
Things arnt always what they seem :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

PaulNowak:

I feel sorry for the driver who takes it back to the depot, he’s gonna be 2 or 3 days self tipping that lot !

martinviking:

PaulNowak:

I feel sorry for the driver who takes it back to the depot, he’s gonna be 2 or 3 days self tipping that lot !

Yeah doubt the girls in there will do it !!

I love the ad on the bus stop in the second pic ‘That feeling’…indeed… :laughing: