One man handball deliveries

c’mon pete thats not the pohm attitude… g’day to ya. :wink:

Open curtains and inform customer THEIR load is here for THEM to unload.
The days of handballing should be consigned to the history books

When I was a baker going back fifty years flour was delivered in 140 lb sacks. that is 10 stones ,I weighed about that at the time. There were usually 3 men on the lorry. I used to lift the sacks to get flour into the mixer . Wouldnt be able nowadays. I had to deliver building materials to a large private house recently. My gaffer said when you get there the tradesmen will help unload. No men as it was a bank holiday but the Lady of the house was a really big girl so we worked together and unloaded.

Depending on where in London your heading might fond your way blocked by climate protesters.
Then again there.maybe soon empty your truck for you

edd1974:
Depending on where in London your heading might fond your way blocked by climate protesters.
Then again there.maybe soon empty your truck for you

Haha nah nowhere near that. New apartment development near Bow roundabout in Stratford.

I’m loaded, where do I pick up the Moffett Mounty?

toonsy, 15 bodys at £3 a hour = £67.50 quite suprised your company deals with the gangmasters… :wink: :laughing:

:cry: kI ended up with a delivery of fitness equipment ona 53ft van tail delivery to different stores what a ■■■ gong show , the store assistant would bugger of to deal with customers and leave me sitting , well it all come to a head at last store that was in a city mall , I had phoned up told the assistant I was coming at this time , need a forklift and lift jack as was two skids of weights at front of trailer. (Store before wouldn’t move them , not our order!)Well I arrived one little girl only at location, so she turns and says owner said stack them inside building ( no dock). The words not happening !seemed to shock her, she hands me phone ,her angry East Indian boss gets told I don’t care if I take it back 2000km your problem.My phone rings and dispatch telling me to carry the weights to the rear of trailer I’m like no ■■■ chance , there was dumbells , weights different sizes for weightlifting.Now a car with three muscle men arrive to carry load in and NO we are not getting into trailer!! Well after 15 mins walking back and forwards I’m buggered , so sitting on back o trailer I … noticed a group o guys down on there luck , so brave jimmy walks up says a happy meal each and a bottle o booze among you to help unload?. Not a problem so they jump in back and start working , I away into mall for food and three half bottles . An hr later we are done skids left at door ( we don’t take skids …,tough). Guys even brushed out trailer, phoned my dispatch I’m not feeling well going to park up (mind it’s Canada so no hr pay just $25 unload), had my helpers sign my receipt book $75 lol . Dispatch not happy as backload waiting for collection. Postnote … got my money paid back , told my helpers to lookout for my company delivering as deal to be done . A month or do later my near oap friend put his back out on same run, truck had to be rescued and he came home in ambulance and was of for months on compensation. I never was asked to do these loads again . Sorry for length jimmy

Don’t forget what handball means

Would a load o fence stabs loaded by hand on a six wheeler then unload by hand count , as the hiab was marking the bloody creosote treated things , just a memory from the 70s soaked in the soft rain and covered in creosote, was loaded at the wee sawmill next to the a74 on the southbound side at bottom o the hill south o lockerbie

Would a load o fence stabs loaded by hand on a six wheeler then unload by hand count , as the hiab was marking the bloody creosote treated things , just a memory from the 70s soaked in the soft rain and covered in creosote, was loaded at the wee sawmill next to the a74 on the southbound side at bottom o the hill south o lockerbie

toonsy:
I’ve just got to a collection and its metal build it bedframes to somewhere in London. Theyre handballing it on (two of them) but I’m expected to deliver it solo. Each box has a 34kg weight advised on the side.

Questions are how do I play this? I don’t mind the odd bit of handball, few pallets here and there, but a trailer fulll of over 200 of these seems a bit far. I dont get sick pay and I don’t get extra. What would you do?

Not a chance would I handball that! Should be palletised so it can be unloaded off the side with a fork lift, or at the very least a pallet truck and tailift!

I like this answer.

Wheel Nut:

Tell me about it.Tip your trailer on arrival at the hub then load the one you’re taking back every shift.Thanks for nothing TGWU zb’s.

youtube.com/watch?v=ufpx6TUCzuI

youtube.com/watch?v=SnBM2ev9bk0

youtube.com/watch?v=DUdb9XwDZYU

In our case the conveyor was permenantly fixed in the trailers and you built the wall under and around and over it.

m.a.n rules:
c’mon pete thats not the pohm attitude… g’day to ya. :wink:

Ha ha, That was the heavyist sofa I’ve ever seen.

Wheel Nut:

Fullers earth at Redhill was good. They had adjustable conveyor things. You’d start up the front of the trailer and when you needed to, you could push a button and it moved back. I hope I’m remembering this right, there must be someone else on here who went there.

peirre:
Having done deliveries of bagged flour where it was 40x25kg or 65x16kg bags per 1 tonne pallet, we’d only get a drivers mate to help with the handball if it was multiple deliveries of 3Tonne+ at each site, 10 tonnes wasn’t unusual. the trick was to break down the pallets and stack the bags 4/6 high along the edge of the bed so your not jumping up and down from the truck, the truck floor way level with my shoulders & this allowed me to slide 2/3 bags at a time onto my shoulder then lug em up staircases, thru alleyways etc and drop it where there wanted it

new name
powerfull peirre!

JIMBO47:

Jogged the memory of back in cb days " smokies hiding by the woodyard northbound " . All long gone now covered by motorway .

jjmorris1960:

peirre:
Having done deliveries of bagged flour where it was 40x25kg or 65x16kg bags per 1 tonne pallet, we’d only get a drivers mate to help with the handball if it was multiple deliveries of 3Tonne+ at each site, 10 tonnes wasn’t unusual. the trick was to break down the pallets and stack the bags 4/6 high along the edge of the bed so your not jumping up and down from the truck, the truck floor way level with my shoulders & this allowed me to slide 2/3 bags at a time onto my shoulder then lug em up staircases, thru alleyways etc and drop it where there wanted it

new name
powerfull peirre!

More a case of a Peirre of big balls aka Peirre O’Bollox

JIMBO47:

I wouldn’t be touching Creosote now, it’s been banned for use by the public

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk