Oldest member on this forum.Also wit and wisdom!

rigsby:
tell them to shift their own sand harry , you’ve got enough on with your domestic duties , it’s washday tomorrow , and beds to change blah de blah de blah , oh , and don’t forget the dusting , and the windows need cleaning , etc etc etc , i don’t know where you’ll find time for a reviver , cheers , dave . ps i hope your wife is on the mend

hiya,
Dave I’ve adapted very well to domesticity so well in fact I can do the housework ( no round rooms) yes in the corners as well I can do the job one handed leaving me a free hand to clutch a glass of amber nectar, no problems for me I’m so good in fact she’s worried she may be surplus to requirements when she gets the strapping off and in fear she may get her marching orders when she’s A1 again so I guess she’ll pile on the agony for a while yet, yea she’s on the mend she’s started giving me orders again.
thanks harry long retired.

Hi Harry thats a very good sign that they are on the mend when they start to issue the orders :laughing: I am glad you will soon be relieved of your domestic duties as the distilleries won’t be looking at a dip in profits :stuck_out_tongue:
I have been told that I have no compassion or sympathy but I just told her that is not my type of music, :laughing:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Nice old time shot there Larry,I bet that craft was worth a “bob or two” even in those days!!Cheers Dennis. P S don’t know if you’ve looked on the Bewick Transport site but this is a shot of my great Grandad Thomas Bewick and his son John with one of their Foden Steamers outside where they lived in Hamsterly Colliery around 1909. Cheers Dennis.

Thats a great old example of how pioneers like them got haulage to where it is today, duel purpose motor flat or box, I wouldnr be surprised if my lod grandad new the Bewicks in those old days, he seemed to know lots of other carters as he called them, so you & I have certainley got some in common Eh. Regards Larry.

My God I got the over the hill gang, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: banging out these quips left right and centre, and it all started from my sciatica and my little wallet that fits into my trousers pocket with a chain attached to my belt, I lost it once never again! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: The photo Dennis said is his grandad, I thought was Chris Webb, :cry: :cry: :cry: is my eye sight gone that bad! Harry’s house must be the best germ free in UK for when he hoovers with one hand and the glass of whisky in the other, the viberation must spray a fair amount around. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I have heard that his weekly amount has doubled since his wifes acident. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: take care not to berate me too much Harry, for I had it from your wife, the real truth of what happened. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: No Harry they can put the thumbscrews on I won’t tell. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Talking of whiskey, I spent last weekend in Lossiemouth, My grandson is in the RAF there. We stayed in the Stotfield Hotel, Exellent food, & a huge choice of Singel Malts, that was in the evening of course when I tried some of them, very nice indeed. Theres lots of distillerys around that area, but hadnt time to visit any, so I got a couple of bottles of Glengrant The Major,s Reserve. What a nice flavour, I will have to keep a drop for Harry of the Glen, Regards Larry

Lawrence Dunbar:
Talking of whiskey, I spent last weekend in Lossiemouth, My grandson is in the RAF there. We stayed in the Stotfield Hotel, Exellent food, & a huge choice of Singel Malts, that was in the evening of course when I tried some of them, very nice indeed. Theres lots of distillerys around that area, but hadnt time to visit any, so I got a couple of bottles of Glengrant The Major,s Reserve. What a nice flavour, I will have to keep a drop for Harry of the Glen, Regards Larry

hiya,
Funny you should say that Larry “harry of the glen” the area of Chester le Street where i lay my head is known as “the glens” Glenaven, Glen Barr, Glenmore, Glenroy, very fitting eh’.
thanks harry long retired

Very fitting indeed, Regards Larry.

At least the whisky distillers aren’t feeling the effects of the recession,judging by the bottles of firewater being purchased by the contributors on here :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Larry, although I am an advocate of the “real stuff” (Irish) I can if my arm is twisted far enough up my back
be pursuaded to sample and appreciate the scottish version of the true tipple. So make sure you bring
enough to the “do” so I can compare the two products. Also you must remember that once the
bottle is open the whiskey fairy will sneak up and comsume anything that is left so we must make
sure it is all gone before we stop for the night. regards Kev. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

kevmac47:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Larry, although I am an advocate of the “real stuff” (Irish) I can if my arm is twisted far enough up my back
be pursuaded to sample and appreciate the scottish version of the true tipple. So make sure you bring
enough to the “do” so I can compare the two products. Also you must remember that once the
bottle is open the whiskey fairy will sneak up and comsume anything that is left so we must make
sure it is all gone before we stop for the night. regards Kev. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Kev, Never fear Larry is here, The celler is well stocked for the winter months to come, just in case I get snowed in. ,Regards Larry.

I am not a big drinker, but when I had a irish coffee or a hot toddy for a cold, I felt the Irish Whiskey was more smoother and the Irish mist even better, my wife loves it better than Bailey’s, just before Netto’s sold out to Asda they had it on offer for £10, I got her six bottles, I always say yes to a coffee with that in, by jolley it’s grand! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Aye Norman its a pity Asda took them over, I ve had some good bargains from Nettos myself. IE malt whiskeys from time to time, & some really good wines, also D.I.Y. stuff, none of that now since Asda;s took over, Regards Larry

A few of those will help the sciatica Norm.Hope you have now got rid of it.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

hiya,
Dave If “old Norm” took a leaf out of my book and and got the bottle of single malt stuck in his gob he’d have no pain in his legs he’d be legless and very in tune with me, just one more large one before bed make it a very large one woman your shoulder is on the mend,

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

hiya,
Dave If “old Norm” took a leaf out of my book and and got the bottle of single malt stuck in his gob he’d have no pain in his legs he’d be legless and very in tune with me, just one more large one before bed make it a very large one woman your shoulder is on the mend,

I can see Harry you have the healing gift getting your good lady fit and well.Due to your devotion to herself and to duty,have a large one :wink: .
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

hiya,

I can see Harry you have the healing gift getting your good lady fit and well.Due to your devotion to herself and to duty,have a large one :wink: .
Cheers Dave.

hiya,
Dave she did tell me to get stuffed and if I wanted a drink to get it myself. getting better yes, but she’s forgotten the bit about promising to obey still a long way to go before I get her back to " doing as she’s told " status.

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

hiya,

Cheers Dave.

hiya,
Dave she did tell me to get stuffed and if I wanted a drink to get it myself. getting better yes, but she’s forgotten the bit about promising to obey still a long way to go before I get her back to " doing as she’s told " status.

I suppose the knotted rope would be no good Harry.You would be accused of wife beating.I am sure you will find a way of getting things back normal :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

hiya,

Cheers Dave.

hiya,

I suppose the knotted rope would be no good Harry.You would be accused of wife beating.I am sure you will find a way of getting things back normal :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

hiya,
Dave I’m afraid the knotted rope is no more “altogether now” aah, was down the shed “my bolthole” the other day only to find I’d had an intruder and the only thing missing was the knotted rope all the tools and stuff was intact, trust me to get a burglar who hates DIY as much as I do, all I can think of is I’ve been hit by a wag and drag man who lives in the past and still thinks he still has to have a trailer boy and his said boy is getting a bit stroppy, if the tealeaf contacts me I’ll furnish him with a full set of operating instructions don’t want to see him brought up for cruelty.

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

hiya,

Cheers Dave.

hiya,

Cheers Dave.

hiya,
Dave I’m afraid the knotted rope is no more “altogether now” aah, was down the shed “my bolthole” the other day only to find I’d had an intruder and the only thing missing was the knotted rope all the tools and stuff was intact, trust me to get a burglar who hates DIY as much as I do, all I can think of is I’ve been hit by a wag and drag man who lives in the past and still thinks he still has to have a trailer boy and his said boy is getting a bit stroppy, if the tealeaf contacts me I’ll furnish him with a full set of operating instructions don’t want to see him brought up for cruelty.

You will have to write a letter to Santa Harry and ask him for a couple of presents.One a new knotted rope and two a burgler alarm :wink: .
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:

harry_gill:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

hiya,

Cheers Dave.

hiya,

Cheers Dave.

hiya,

You will have to write a letter to Santa Harry and ask him for a couple of presents.One a new knotted rope and two a burgler alarm :wink: .
Cheers Dave.

hiya,
Dave I could quickly fabricate a new “knotted rope” but since the advent of straps and curtainsiders rope has become as rare as rocking horse manure can’t spell s"""e, should be able to spell it though seeing as most my posts consist of nothing else, but I’m happy, I know I should be restrained but I’m still happy.