Old trucks still on the road

Hi boden, yes that’s the same firm ,we did sub for Lindley they worked for DeMulders out of Nuneaton,never did that job but I remember the smell of the units afterwards,moved to N Ireland about 15 years ago so I dont know if they’re still there
regards derek

I left De Mulders in late 75 and came back driving in 78 and Lindleys had left the scene by then but I dont know why, though I did see two of their drivers with their own units pulling for De Mulders in the early 80’s before I got made redundant in 82. The units certainly would stink on that sort of work, you could either stand it or you couldnt. We got double time on Saturdays which helped,I was told Lindleys drivers were on trip money,the ones I got to know were always ok.

Hi Stuart, I don’t know anything about DanDee only that they are on Office Park Dr. I haul Produce from California to OH, PA, and NJ. I am an owner op. and don’t lease to any one I have my own Truck and Trailer, and ICC authority. I have hauled for General Tire for the past 26 years. (west bound). do you come to Bakersfield? if so let me know and I will meet you for a cuppa.Take care. John T.[/b]

Limey:
Reverting back to Harrisons briefly, just before Hadfields steelworks in Sheffield (which was a bit of a base for Harrisons) closed in 1980something I recall seeing a S80 series Foden tractor unit in their workshops, never registered and still in factory primer, although complimented by a hefty coating of dust!

Brown baileys steelworks in sheffield 1969-70 were still operating foden steam vehicles,used to see them regular & couldnt quite believe then :confused: