Old Truck Accident Pics

And I also wonder haw these trucks managed to put such a mess at slow speed!

Froggy55:

Pre crumple-zone panels?

Froggy55:

The lane was a short-cut from the colliery to the main road, those drivers were on load bonus and used to go as fast as they could to earn more - just like the film “Helldrivers”.

Thanks. So they all ended in hell!

Birdie4x4:
This was in Bakewell, I would guess in the mid sixties, lost his brakes coming down the long incline from Moyash into Bakewell.

Looks like one of Consolidated Land Services from Scunthorpe.There’s a weight limit on that Monyash - Bakewell road now,has been for years.

Ay up!! NMP off FB

Buzzer

harry:

Portugal .The load shifted .The driver didn’t have a scratch! To be fair it wasn’t his fault.They loaded those bales each side of the trailer & left a gap down the middle.& Hey Presto! He was a accompanied by a Portuguese Customs muppet. When the truck fell over the muppet went thru the windscreen & rolled headfirst over & over across the field. Only damaged his silly hat…

One of my dads old maggies, he had VOT 689T and VOT 690T, both on STS from new, this one wrote off and the other came back onto UK work. Thats Ian Elkins sat there, walked away from this rollover

Buzzer

Is that a French sailor ?

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Copied from the last page !!!

Buzzer

294615160_171435005373267_4595842314887843133_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Looks like the load has not moved, fair play to the driver

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Looks like the pic of the unit you posted on HH Buzzer.

294151832_5313756738701129_1231940220509324962_n.jpg

SUEDHEAD ,French sailor very good i got it.

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

And that’s how we got big trucks. :wink:

Buzzer