Old Truck Accident Pics

4.The Habitat Daf was driven from wallingford depot to Wellingbrough depot by Dickie COMLEY (unlucky for Dickie was that at the time he was a yard shunter and this day he was asked to fill in and take the load) going up through Brackley he met up with the Scania on Dickies side of the road) :open_mouth: ,Dickie survived and after a year he came back and was then on the road full time for many years later , i was 16 at the time and never seen a wagon in such of a mess .

Blimey some grief in them last 20 pages!!

Hi all, Harry on page 2 you posted a picture of a Maggie Deutz rolled over in Portugal,do you know who owned it by any chance. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, Harry on page 2 you posted a picture of a Maggie Deutz rolled over in Portugal,do you know who owned it by any chance. :sunglasses:

I think you’ll be out of luck with a reply from Harry he hasn’t posted in over 6 years

one of our best ERF’s, before and after , its sad demise due to a chris hudson trailer , a roundabout on the A12 ,the front glass stillages breaking loose and going through the crash barrier on its side , luckily my uncle survived it , unfortunately OOB615R didn’t . ■■■■■■■ 250 / 9 speed roadranger , great motor .

tony

couple of mobile home accidents that happened in my dads company, and one from southern france, his mate mr canet did autoroute recovery and vehicle maintenance, sad end to a couple of good lorries

tony

In 1975 I was sharing a flat with my mate Brian when he was given a load of mining equipment to go a Tungsten mine somewhere out in the Namibian bush. He was on his way back to Windhoek empty at about 8 p.m. at night when not far from a place called Omaruru he came round a bend and smashed into a herd of Kudu which are a very large type of African antelope. Brian managed to crawl out from the front windscreen and sat next to the road until a vehicle came along the following morning. He spent the next week in the Omaruru hospital and I only found out about the accident two days later and drove up there to see him and then I drove out to the crash site to take these photos.
He had this Mercedes 2632, 6x4 and was pulling a forty foot and a twenty foot trailer on a dirt road at the time. Fleet number 13 was certainly unlucky for Brian.

I can’t work out why this last photo comes out upside down until you click on it. :confused:

He was lucky someone passed by before being eaten/bitten by some nasty, quite a sparse country for people.

—-

This picture taken round back of workshops of Arthur Sandersons yard at Great Broughton 8 wheeler Atki which had come to grief somewhere. Driver messing about is Brian Hutchinson who was a long time server at Sandersons.

Anyone for a beer

I bet no one on here remembers this one!

5thwheel:
I bet no one on here remembers this one!

Strange way to top up your water tank. Should have used a suction hose like everyone else :unamused: :unamused:

I bet that was the last time that a Gaffer asked Harry Gill to wash his motor. :unamused:

Very nearly came out of that an hero! NMP

You can never tell, but it looks to me like he took a run at it :unamused: NMP

coomsey:
You can never tell, but it looks to me like he took a run at it :unamused: NMP

That’s how to tip it straight into the hold :slight_smile:

C62D3863-8C9E-4365-B3D7-66FBC85D9A1C.jpeg

Not an old pic but then 24 hours is old if you are a Mayfly :laughing: :laughing: I passed this accident on the A1 @ Grantham yesterday.