Old poole companies

hotel magnum:
any one been on for poole companies like w h geer, redland pipes, h j cutler, either of the eaton firms, aet, john weaver, wyvern cargo, and the deathnell to most work off the quay gbe, own account as well like coastal windows, marley tile, beacon hill bricks etc.

John weaver is still going. I might even see him today. Runs a couple of MAN W+D flats, a crane equipped Scania artic and a few other smaller rigids (and a steam engine!). Bought the old Eaton Bros. site near Holton Heath when they had a bit of financial embarrassment…and their little empire was soaked up by AET also based on the Holton Heath Ind. Est.

One of John’s MANs

And one of his Volvos being prepared for test!

tribsa:
Hi Steve
Who has the FH with private plate anyone I should know.
Cheers Rich

Is this a reference to the Professor Shady?.

Cheers
Neilf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea sorry Neil, Yes Rich the driver is Martin Stevenson who used to drive for Ian Rycroft for many years…rgds Steve… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Cheers Steve
Not a gent I know then
Cheers Rich

Funny how these threads get the “old” grey cells ticking over. Who , what was the outfit running from the terraced houses in front of the Agricultural Engineers in Wimbourne. Very flamboyant man running it, think he was from Blandford Forum, (did he have a BMW motorcycle dealership)? Met him in Blainville once, did not much like his attitude, typical, “lets screw the o/ds” Did some work for BAE, I think. Cheerio for now.

Was that Euroking

Saviem:
Funny how these threads get the “old” grey cells ticking over. Who , what was the outfit running from the terraced houses in front of the Agricultural Engineers in Wimbourne. Very flamboyant man running it, think he was from Blandford Forum, (did he have a BMW motorcycle dealership)? Met him in Blainville once, did not much like his attitude, typical, “lets screw the o/ds” Did some work for BAE, I think. Cheerio for now.

TOURIST:
Was that Euroking

Saviem:

Yep reckon that was Euroking,Im sure that Kelvin Holloway worked on there… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Airpikey:

hotel magnum:
any one been on for poole companies like w h geer, redland pipes, h j cutler, either of the eaton firms, aet, john weaver, wyvern cargo, and the deathnell to most work off the quay gbe, own account as well like coastal windows, marley tile, beacon hill bricks etc.

John weaver is still going. I might even see him today. Runs a couple of MAN W+D flats, a crane equipped Scania artic and a few other smaller rigids (and a steam engine!). Bought the old Eaton Bros. site near Holton Heath when they had a bit of financial embarrassment…and their little empire was soaked up by AET also based on the Holton Heath Ind. Est.

One of John’s MANs

And one of his Volvos being prepared for test!

wow,i remember those volvos when he was actually still using them,i was a mechanic at adams morey poole, and his yard was just around the corner…

My old 89 I drove for Lennie Smith (Trans-Oman) delivering Sunseekers.

2012-07-03-00-21-08.jpg

I remember most of the companies.What about BRS?? I drove for LCM and Eatons. Trucks without heaters in them days…Do miss the late Mike Furnell with his F10 Volvo Silver with head over lights.

Hi Pauline,my long lost love, how the devil are you? I new what the H stood for years ago has it changed? You mentined Orrible was semi retired (not many could call him that and get away with it). I can. Hes been a Gentleman and friend to me while i lived in Poole. Now live in Canada been trucking all over Canada and USA seen a lot of country side, bears, wolves, mountain lions, not to mention the deer that keep running under the wheels at night. Please send me a phone no Philrandle@rocketmail.com whould be good to talk to you all the best Phil