Old Oswestry

Finally one from Manor Transport LLay, driver by Brian “curley” Hughes

oxo3:

Chris ran that for years*, bet it’s still parked up! Is he still going? I hope so, bloody nice bloke and a real gent.

*In fact I’m pretty sure he once told me he had driven it from new. It belonged to a company he worked for and he ended up buying the truck.

Hello Cavlad, Yes Chris had Daf new when he drove for Trevor Morris, Has not gone off the road long, Dont know were it is now,Knowing Chris could be in his shed. He is now running a Foden , He has past retireing age now and back playing in a group doing gigs here & there., Also you are right one of the best chaps you could meet.
Nev

Thanks Oxo, good to hear about Chris. I think the last time I saw him (and the DAF) the truck was at the side of his shed and was black in colour and I’m sure he’d just bought a ‘new’ truck, though for the life of me I can’t remember what it was. It must have been over ten years now, so once again thanks for the update on him.

Are S.Owen and Sons still going by the way? They had a small but very smart fleet from what I can remember and were based quite near Chris I think, sort of Pant/Llanymynech(sp?) area.

S owen are still going strong just had a new scania !

I wonder if this

steelboyf10:

became this?

Dont miss this one

Anyone out there know to a lift pump for Leyland 600/680, I am after one
Nev

TheBryMan:
I wonder if this

steelboyf10:

became this?

you never know, was this a recent picture■■?

just looking at this thread, i can remember north shropshire transport when they were in Gobowen i recall my dad driving for them Frank Hanmer he used to run steel from Shotton to Southampton with 2 of his mates Jonny Husbands and Harry Hayward, i remember sunday nights they used to call in the old boote at Whittington for 3 or 4 jars before they set off in 8 wheelers they usually back loaded fruit but not always, they would always find a load i remember once the old man returning with a lifeboat for a ship docked in Liverpool.

Are D.R Jebb still going? They were quite close to Oswestry (near Queens Head) and ran out of Kronospan I think.

Our Ben,s Olympic

[img]

[i!(http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp277/penywern/6d42_1.jpg)mg][/img]

[img][/img]