Old northamptonshire companys

Hi all.
First time on this site, I saw Tonyhogi said about David Abbott’s Berliet.I drove that truck from new all over
west and east europe and the uk untill it was sold by Harborne when they took over David Abbott Haulage.
It was registerd in Manchester GBU147V thats were Renalt’s head UK office was. and distributed
by Derick Jones.
the power unit was a TR305 turbo intercooler and a Fuller 9 speed gear box and eaton back axial.

BY the way Tony I think your my cousin Jim ( Wilf )

hi would you jim if so you will remeber the bloke in the pic.

ironfist:
Hi all.
First time on this site, I saw Tonyhogi said about David Abbott’s Berliet.I drove that truck from new all over
west and east europe and the uk untill it was sold by Harborne when they took over David Abbott Haulage.
It was registerd in Manchester GBU147V thats were Renalt’s head UK office was. and distributed
by Derick Jones.
the power unit was a TR305 turbo intercooler and a Fuller 9 speed gear box and eaton back axial.

BY the way Tony I think your my cousin Jim ( Wilf )

scan0001.jpg

A bit yonger there Lance

Hi jim its my unckle barney who i spent most of my school hols with

ironfist:
A bit yonger there Lance

Yer remember you well. Last time I saw Barny was in Homebase before I was made redundent in 2009, then I
retired18 months later.He was driving a Partrick’s motor. Subbing I think.Is he still working

Hi jim no he is retired now .time to hang his hat up. i have put two links on here were you may know some of the trucks viewtopic.php?f=35&t=15536&start=120 Their are two on the 1st link and one on the other

ironfist:
Yer remember you well. Last time I saw Barny was in Homebase before I was made redundent in 2009, then I
retired18 months later.He was driving a Partrick’s motor. Subbing I think.Is he still working

Is that you sitting in the F16

thats me nearside

ironfist:
Is that you sitting in the F16

Thanks for that link, saw a few I knew there. My problem is I see people in Rushden or Wellingborough
who I recognise as drivers from years past but me bugerd at putting a name to them even talk to some
for ages but still walk away not remembering there name, then it comes to me two or three days later.
When I saw the blue volvo I thought thats Pete behind the wheel,but could I remember your sirname,
we lived a few doors away up crow hill I had to ask Joan, see called me a silly sod and put me right.
JIM

Hi try this website to see what it looks like now freewebs.com/volvof16/apps/photos/

truckerash:

Kitbag:
Does anybody know what happened to Partricks F16, E plate i think, Pete Osbourne from Rotherham bought it and did it up, but i haven’t seen it for ages

Bit of a lengthy delay; but here is the Partrick F16 “before and after” photos.

Carr Farmers first Scania, an LB110 Super, reg NBD 608M purchased new in 1973. The first two photos were taken in 1974/75 in Chelveston (opposite the garage which became JST Forklifts). Coupled is a tandem axle alloy grain tipper which had a diesel donkey engine to operate the hydraulics (no electric start and an swine to start up).

Carr’s had a farm lorry for many years with the first one being a 1957 Leyland Comet reg ONV 157. This was a 2 axle lorry which pulled a 2 axle turntable trailer. It was a flatbed combination which converted into a 3 deck livestock carrier (with an open top deck).

Next was a Leyland Octopus purchased in 1967 reg NBD 333F fitted with a 680 power plus engine. This was also a wagon and drag combination. The 8 wheel rigid coupled to a 2 axle turntable trailer and again was a flatbed. The rigid vehicle had a 4 deck livestock carrier and the whole unit was lifted on using hydraulics (an early demount body).

After the 1st Scania in 1973 came a 111 in 1979 (T reg) then a 141 in 1980 (V reg). Around this time a secondhand S reg Scania 111 was also acquired.

From this evolved Carr Brothers and the first lorry was a Scania P112 reg AUT 317Y.

some of the jobs i used to get working for my dad

more trucks

david abbotts

patrick

patrick scania

More of Carr’s, in Chelveston. Following on from the Scania 110 came the 111 in 1979 and the 141 in 1980 (the photo was taken at Poplar Farm in the summer of 1980). I took my HGV1 the following year and did a few trips in these two but obviously the 141 (on the right) was my favourite.

The 111 (T reg) is loaded with timber destined for a paper mill in South Wales. The 141 (V reg) is hooked up to the livestock trailer and was being prepared for a trip to the sheep sales in Jedburgh. The 141 was only a few days old in this photo and this was its first long trip.

One of blue bands, needs a tin of filler…:wink: :grimacing:

Does anyone remember a haulage firm that was in the village Great Houghton ( on the Bedford Rd A428 ) they had atkinsons , a few scania’s were dark green & i think were called Munsons ■■

more old trucks