Old northamptonshire companys

A couple of Wrefords taken in their old yard in Ransome Road Northampton.

some of david abbotts haulage

Pure class pics

nice pics any of u guys remember jade transport pulled out of wrightys yard cogenhoe

ABBA F88

STEVE OWEN:

5thwheel:
Riverside Garage @ Market Deeping,loaded out of Lister Blackstones,Stamford,Joe Edwards used to own it,with Aubrey Muxlow as spanners? Ring any bells with anyone,early 1970’s?

Rgds,

David

was it not Mirlees Blackstone at Stamford? Lister were at Dursley nr Gloucester or Lister Petter as they are now called, i used to load castings from both places but that was early 80s

Gosh,just found this reply Steve,no it was definitely a Lister company,I used to load Lister farm elevators and deliver throughout the UK,also did deliver small casting to Mirlees in Hazel Grove,near Stockport.

David

robert1952:
show your brother these! Robert :slight_smile:

Just seen these pics as I have been retired a few years now and haven’t been on this site for some time.
I’ll send him the pics but do you know whereabouts the old girl now rests( if indeed it’s still there) ■■

Pity I didn’t see this a couple of weeks ago as I have just been over to France to visit him as he has been quite ill.

gilburton:

robert1952:
show your brother these! Robert :slight_smile:

Just seen these pics as I have been retired a few years now and haven’t been on this site for some time.
I’ll send him the pics but do you know whereabouts the old girl now rests( if indeed it’s still there) ■■

Pity I didn’t see this a couple of weeks ago as I have just been over to France to visit him as he has been quite ill.

Just replied to your Flickr message -

Thanks for that I’ll pass on the news lol
I know someone who knows Mark Partrick so I’ve passed on the info.

Brackmills Haulage 2010 gone I was the last to drive for them while still under the Bennies wing befor getting sold to Rob Masters befor they went pop the other drivers Stuart Ball went to Wrights of Corby but since retired then went back driving then lost his hgv to diabetes but Duggy Wright gave him site work driving a sweeper Colin Burnham now drives for Fowler Welch in Desborough John Duncan retired me I drive for L Lynch in Rushden on low loaders but for how long I don’t know :wink:
Robert “Nobby” Clark who used to be a fitter at Chetts went to Bennies now Works at Weetabix workshop
Barton Plant transport gone that went late 2010 but still run 8wheeler crane waggon Merv Harrison low loader driver Went to RJC Rushden

Anyone remember Joyce brothers (tippers) from Burton Latimer ?

D R Daniles from Desborough I remember them when I was a kid in the old station yard ! Goode and Marlow
And ferrymasters my mates dad worked for them Richard Ponton

Still as a young un of 45 I can’t remember many more of the old uns

Just discovered this forum. Perhaps could contribute some anecdotes.
On release from Army , post war. Employed by BRS. Corby. On denationalisation. Purchased Vulcan /Perkins. (Death trap) from Hamblins, Rushden. Ex Yaxley BRS. Purchased Bert Essam of Islip 6 old Albions. Eventualy established at Finedon with a modern fleet of 16 mixed. Atkinson and AEC vehicles. Knew all Local hauliers at that time. Billy and Bobby Eales, Horace and Donald Knights. The Albion artic, of New Street mentioned, was one of Berts. The only vehicle when a night out was required from Wellingborough to Finedon. So said Sleepy Jackson.
Vince Winslow.

LUVLYPUP:
Just discovered this forum. Perhaps could contribute some anecdotes.
On release from Army , post war. Employed by BRS. Corby. On denationalisation. Purchased Vulcan /Perkins. (Death trap) from Hamblins, Rushden. Ex Yaxley BRS. Purchased Bert Essam of Islip 6 old Albions. Eventualy established at Finedon with a modern fleet of 16 mixed. Atkinson and AEC vehicles. Knew all Local hauliers at that time. Billy and Bobby Eales, Horace and Donald Knights. The Albion artic, of New Street mentioned, was one of Berts. The only vehicle when a night out was required from Wellingborough to Finedon. So said Sleepy Jackson.
Vince Winslow.

Hi
Dad regretted cutting the '47 albion up till the day he died,but mum was adament it wasn’t going to sit outside the house ticking over.
The '66 albion (fvt247d) was one of the first artics I learned to drive round the finedon yard.
Tony jackson

Does anyone remember a firm called T C Robinson who were based at willow lane Gt Houghton ? They had a large fleet of dark green lorries , Atki’s , Scania 110’s , disappeared late 70s

Patrick scania

Is there any of the old Drive line agency boys on here …

tonyj105:
there were some threads on here a while ago about monks international/calor transport , well trawling through my dads photo albums i came accross these beauties, the Scania 110 was ex monks, the scammell was ex Sheltons, and the ERF was brand spanking new LHD and a 335 ■■■■■■■■ all were resprayed into calor colours

Tony
Reference the photo of the Scammell tractor unit MRP 310F. I have a Monkton Motors fleet list dated 1st Aug 1970 and this vehicle is listed on it. The fleet number was 342 and the vehicle was registered in 1967 and plated at 30 Tons. It is listed as being on tanker work for Scott Bader at Wollaston. Do you know when the photo was taken? I was working in Calor’s workshops in Rushden in 1977 and the vehicles on the Scott Bader contract were in their colours of light blue and grey.

Also there is someone on the Calor and it’s Transport topic who has an ex Calor Scammell tractor unit and is asking if anyone knows the colour code of the paintwork so he can restore it back to the original. I only knew it as Calor Grey and Calor Red (or maybe Flame Red) Do you know by any chance?

Hi
Photo was around 1972 i think, he did a load of resprays of calor motors both new and used

hi

here’s a few more you might recognize

tony

Nice photos Tony, thanks for posting them.

The ERF has the Gardner LX8B 240 engine which we had a few during the 1970’s.

The Volvo F86, I think this one was based out of Rushden depot and used to pull a trailer which was kitted out with equipment to enable testing of large static tanks on customer premises.

The Scammell Crusader was the only one I know of that Calor operated which had a Roll Royce Eagle 265 engine. I think it was an 1973 M Reg and at one time it operated out of the Nottingham depot. The drivers liked it as it pulled like a train but compared with the Gardner 180 and 240 and the ■■■■■■■■ 220, I suppose it did.

sad to here of the loss of david abbott RIP