Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Lawrence Dunbar:

Billy Hardey from Corbridge on a job in Dalton.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Sorry wrong picture.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Larry,put that double whisky down & put your glasses on.
Hope you & your wife are keeping well.

Hi Paul, Nice to see you back on TNUK. I have just put my glasses on and noticed that my proper glass was empty, Oh dear , But I have just topped it up with a nice large measure of Talisker, Hope you and your good Lady are keeping well, Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Is this the same company as the old Roadferry cross-channel trailers? And while we’re at it, looking at this photo: what was the relationship between BRS and Roadferry (if any)? Or is this AEC just pulling a RF tilt on dock traction work?

I dont know if there is any connection, Buy this one used to go to Northern Ireland via the Cairnryan Ferry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hi Paul, Nice to see you back on TNUK. I have just put my glasses on and noticed that my proper glass was empty, Oh dear , But I have just topped it up with a nice large measure of Talisker, Hope you and your good Lady are keeping well, Larry.

We are both fine thank you.
I have never been away from Trucknet Larry I have just run out of pic’s to post.
I still look in every day to see what all the retired & working drivers put on,bring’s back memories of days gone by. :laughing:

[attachment=0]097.jpg[

Red Row Rally 005.JPG

I remember Billy Old when he only had one little coal truck, think it was a Volvo 4 wheeler. He used to park in Harry Nicols yard at Saltmeadows sometimes.

Its brand new of course, So It would in my oppinion been tared off for the road tax, In those days they were taxed on their U/W.Larry

Lawrence Dunbar:

looks like ex Sheperds Fl Volvo with that Sheffield reg ?