Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

I think the Venture Atkinson is at Flint Hill, the building behind the bus was Temples Butchers Shop & Seymours Grocers. That building is still there today but all closed down. Happy New Year, pushrod47

Thanks Larry I suppose it could be Blackhill, I had relations lived there and used to go and stay when I was a bairn.My aunt learned drive grocery van in Consett during the war. Good training ground around Consett renowned for its snowfalls.
Have Healthy and Safe New Year.
Leyland 600

pushrod47:
I think the Venture Atkinson is at Flint Hill, the building behind the bus was Temples Butchers Shop & Seymours Grocers. That building is still there today but all closed down. Happy New Year, pushrod47

and

I think it’s the road from the Mountsett/ Dipton junction past Harelaw heading for Anfield Plain. Regards Kev. Ps wherever it is I’m pleased I didn’t have to use a shovel to dig it out!!
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Modern plastic snow shovels had not been invented then Kev, just heavy steel ones, get stuck in !!
Cheers Leyland 600

Wonder how this happened? I bet he was popular!!

2E7AA7EF-F6AC-4F86-96A3-9D45D961E988.jpeg

I believe this Volvo is now in the WH Malcolm collection.

Cawthorn & Sinclair Mercedes 1969.

Ray Brown:
Wonder how this happened? I bet he was popular!!

Heres what happened.

Click on pages twice to read.

Doesn’t actually say how it happened and what trailer is the comments on about. Not like Classic and Vintage Comm mag to get things wrong is it! Franky.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0NMP.

Would love to get a photo of this Atkinson in VAUX breweries colours who had it before I drove it for Morton’s in 79 when new to Morton’s of Wooler,

Watford Gap 1961. A bit confusing as to which one to choose.

Ray Brown:

Fill her up Jacko and a shot of Redex :slight_smile:

Suedehead:

Ray Brown:

Fill her up Jacko and a shot of Redex :slight_smile:

Redex at a penny (1d.) a shot.

Just moved this over from Buzzers post from today. Good pic of an Alfie Ellis AEC OBB 461F. I started my Apprenticeship at Ellis’ 1968 so this motor would have maybe been about a year old. We also had several Ford D1000 with OBB …F registrations although these never got painted in the fleet colours of Green/Black. This photo is a first as far as I’m aware of one of AW Ellis’ motors and very nice to see, I even remember the big puddles in the yard too! Happy days Franky.

bedford 002.jpg