Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Back on page one.
Oily

NE Ronnie 5169533993_b6f0306282_rcc o.jpg

Foden Ronnie 5687643308_0a55b37166_rcc o.jpg

oiltreader:
Back on page one.
Oily

Great photos Oily, I wonder if the S18 Foden was one of Fearings of Burnley ?, Thanks for posting these classics, Regards Larry.

Me mate Harry Bolam retired yesterday a Driver most of his life who was well known for looking after his wagons at Glendenings. Hodgesons GE Armstrongs Freeways Gallachers Marleys APW & last but not least Nigel Rowes. A prize winner a few times at Geordie truck show, would like to wish him all the best & Im sure a few of you on here would have know him so Ive posted this. Harrys not into this social media :smiley: :smiley:

This is my Grandson as a young boy, Regards Larry.

This is him now with the MGB GT ,Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
0This is my Grandson as a young boy, Regards Larry.

Hiya,
This livery is as nice as it comes always reckoned the red and dark green
went well together nice and tidy Larry. did the wee fellah take up the
handlebars or was he more sensible lol.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Reels out of Prudhoe?

John

harry_gill:

Lawrence Dunbar:
0This is my Grandson as a young boy, Regards Larry.

Hiya,
This livery is as nice as it comes always reckoned the red and dark green
went well together nice and tidy Larry. did the wee fellah take up the
handlebars or was he more sensible lol.

Defo more sence Harry, He is in the engineering trade making good money, Hope you and your good family are keeping well my friend, Regards Larry.

Hi Larry he looks like a mini you :smiley: regards Dan’l

Smiles for Miles 1946 Reg Ex BRS 8 Wheeler ERF Purchased by Smiles in 1953 & they ran it until 1960 It was replaced by a Mk 5 AEC, Earl Smiles on the right of the photo & Harry Pearson on the left, Regards Larry.

097.jpg

Ouseburn Tpt AEC driven by Bill Ashworth and parked outside his home in Longbenton, Bill was my Dads best mate and helped get him a start for the company early 60’s, which also got me hooked on spending as much time as possible in his motors and around the country with him. Two great men of the industry greatly missed. Franky.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Hiya,
Larry I’ve sent you a message.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lowdons of Seaton Burn.
We always took our vehicles in there for a pre MOT assessment. The boys always did a good job we never had a failure.
HSP

Just read this on facebook c/o Steve Rudd

Post about my dad… Tommy Rudd sadly passed away at the weekend, HGV driver from 1970-2012…42years on the road, Leyland marathon, road train, daf, erf, man, seddon atkinson, iveco, volvo scania he drove the lot, and i loved every minute of it as a kid with him, worked for Camerons Brewery, Calor Gas, Fens Haulage, John Codd, all Hartlepool, a Class Dad and a class 1 driver… R. I. P Dad ■■ Michael Rudd

Have been given this photo showing Sandersons ERF recovery vehicle bringing Atkinson CPY 869L back into the yard at Great Broughton. This Atkinson had the usual Sanderson driveline of Gardner 180 and 6 speed DB gearbox, and when new would be running on the night changeover at Fradley just past the Tree,s at Alrewas on the A38 with S.Protheroes of Porthcawl.
This was one of the last batch of 180 powered vehicles that Sandersons bought, my father had BPY 958L and my uncle had DPY 565L which was the last 180 bought, this one also had a different axle to the others’ and did about 65mph compared to the others which did about 57mph flat out. So as a teenager loved going in my uncles faster lorry :smiley: :smiley: