Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

A pair DAF’s belonging to W.Barron of Spennymoor seen at Witton Castle.

Frank Hudsons at Harolds 007.JPG

Frank Hudsons at Harolds 014.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

IMG_0274.JPG
IMG_0281.JPG
IMG_0282.JPG

Have a “Mentioned in dispatches” for your time and effort in taking those photo’s Servo, well done mate and good to see :smiley:

paulycats:
Have a “Mentioned in dispatches” for your time and effort in taking those photo’s Servo, well done mate and good to see :smiley:

Cheer’s paulycats appreciate your comment.

Lawrence Dunbar:
More sad news Im afriad, My mate Arthur Lowdon from Seaton Burn passed away on Tuesday aged 89, He was a real gent & would help anybody RIP Arthur Larry & Family.

Well I attened my best pal for over 70 years Funeral today it was a good turn out & very emotional for his family & myself, Arthur was a great bloke, And will be missed by everyone, RIP Arthur, From your best pal Larry. (Lawrence) To a lot of my old school mates.

Sorry to hear about your friend Arthur Lowden, Larry, although I did not know him I certainly remember seeing his wagons around Seaton Burn etc back in in the 1970s when I was running over to Stannington and other farms in that area almost every week.
Leyland 600.

LR Man:
A pair DAF’s belonging to W.Barron of Spennymoor seen at Witton Castle.

Barry Wardle from South Church bought them pair off Barrons. My Dad drove B240 for a while, bloody good wagon that was.

here is a few lorries that did the coast & castle run last sunday , good turn out and the craic was good.

Coast & Castle 2018 (1).jpg

Coast & Castle 2018 (2).jpg

Such dreadful news:

My heart goes out to Mike & Ken Devereux and their families

gazettelive.co.uk/news/tees … r_facebook

paulycats:

Hi “paulycats” Where is this auction at.■■?, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

paulycats:

Hi Larry, The farm is in between Pity Me and Witton Gilbert. I think it’s on the little link road between the A691 (Durham to Lanchester) and the Durham to Sacriston road (B6532) The postcode is DH1 5RH (Tomlinson’s Farm) Hope this helps.

The Auctioneers are Hexham and Northern Marts. Mr Tomlinson (farmer) is retiring.

paulycats:

Lawrence Dunbar:

paulycats:

Hi Larry, The farm is in between Pity Me and Witton Gilbert. I think it’s on the little link road between the A691 (Durham to Lanchester) and the Durham to Sacriston road (B6532) The postcode is DH1 5RH (Tomlinson’s Farm) Hope this helps.

The Auctioneers are Hexham and Northern Marts. Mr Tomlinson (farmer) is retiring.

Hiya,
Larry, if travelling along the Consett road from Durham, a little ways along
you come to Nelsons Transport just opposite is a road turn right along that
road and that takes you to Hartside Farm which I believe is the auction site.
thanks harry, long retired.

paulycats:

Lawrence Dunbar:

paulycats:

Thanks for the info P & H, IIRC This Albion was owned by Tomlinson & used to do work out of Sunderland hauling bagged cement from a place on the River Wear just over the Monkwearmouth Bridge on the left folllowing the River. I may be wrong but as one gets older the mem buds start to fade Im afraid, I will just have be content with my Single Malts, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

ravda:

Nice photo, We had a few Leylands, Only one Freighter which was a trouble free bit of gear 11 Tonne plus pay load at 17 Tonnes Gross, Good on fuel, But I must say the Brakes good have been a bit better, The back linings were narrower than the Front for some reason, But It used to sail through the MOTS, This was taken at Harden Red Stone Quarry, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

paulycats:

Lawrence Dunbar:

paulycats:

Thanks for the info P & H, IIRC This Albion was owned by Tomlinson & used to do work out of Sunderland hauling bagged cement from a place on the River Wear just over the Monkwearmouth Bridge on the left folllowing the River. I may be wrong but as one gets older the mem buds start to fade Im afraid, I will just have be content with my Single Malts, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Regards Larry.

It was Wylam Wharf I think, Regards Larry.

Just got this colour photo from a relative showing some of the Sanderson fleet in the yard at Great Broughton.

It looks as if it was taken at the same time as this black and white photo which is in one Bob Tucks excellent Road Transport Heritage books.

Andrew Conely' SS Hands' Glen Harrison' Thompsons & Blaydon 023.JPG
Andrew Conely' SS Hands' Glen Harrison' Thompsons & Blaydon 022.JPG