Old North East haulage companies (Part 1)

Hi Lawrence, why not try a visit to The Hexham Hilton, a great place to go if its a new knee you are wanting, two days in and out plus a bit of pain afterwards and some proficient physiotherapy and then you will be as good as new. Mind you they will offer lots of little plastic thimbles full of morphine instead of a Highland Malt trouble is it makes you see little green men running over the carpet and the the back of the armchairs. but it does numb the pain.
Cheers Leyland 600

Leyland600:
Hi Lawrence, why not try a visit to The Hexham Hilton, a great place to go if its a new knee you are wanting, two days in and out plus a bit of pain afterwards and some proficient physiotherapy and then you will be as good as new. Mind you they will offer lots of little plastic thimbles full of morphine instead of a Highland Malt trouble is it makes you see little green men running over the carpet and the the back of the armchairs. but it does numb the pain.
Cheers Leyland 600

Hi Leyland600, Good advice thank you But when one gets into their 80s, One has to stick to the Malts, As Im doing this very moment, Pleasure & some relief at them same time, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:

Leyland600:
Cheers Leyland 600

Hi Leyland600, Good advice thank you But when one gets into their 80s, One has to stick to the Malts, As Im doing this very moment, Pleasure & some relief at them same time, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Larry.

Mind you Leyland 600, I get into my Jaccuzi bath 4 times a week,& that is good for my aches & pains, Plus it makes me thirsty for more Single Malts, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:, Regards Larry.

thanks for those replies lads old grey cells still working, have come off the cars this is me new toy

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Leyland600:
Cheers Leyland 600

Mind you Leyland 600, I get into my Jaccuzi bath 4 times a week,& that is good for my aches & pains, Plus it makes me thirsty for more Single Malts, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:, Regards Larry.

Why not go the whole hog Lawrence?..Jump into the jaccuzi EVERYDAY.No more aches,pains, and gives the reason to enjoy those malts everyday!(an enjoyable cycle of events) Up’s the weekly “grocery” bill a tad like!!!
Regards Paulycats.
p.s At this moment i’m enjoying a few Laphraigs myself (jaccuziless!)

paulycats:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Leyland600:
Cheers Leyland 600

Why not go the whole hog Lawrence?..Jump into the jaccuzi EVERYDAY.No more aches,pains, and gives the reason to enjoy those malts everyday!(an enjoyable cycle of events) Up’s the weekly “grocery” bill a tad like!!!
Regards Paulycats.
p.s At this moment i’m enjoying a few Laphraigs myself (jaccuziless!)

Enjoy. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Can i just say that “Oiltreader” gave me his invaluable help in choosing a dashcam for my car back in December and it still stands ontop of my printer waiting to be fitted :blush: . I’m hoping to fit it shortly and record the local tippers (especially) around East Durham quarries.I’m also hoping to post pictures of the quarries, both past and present aroundabout.
Paulycats.

Hi Larry, Just sit back, turn up the volume and savour this video by the late George Donald of Scotland the What fame.
Cheers, Leyland 600

youtube.com/watch?v=qFX7z7Wf5xM

Leyland600:
Hi Larry, Just sit back, turn up the volume and savour this video by the late George Donald of Scotland the What fame.
Cheers, Leyland 600

Love the Jock’s. Served with quite a few in the Army,had some “extravagant” drinking weekends up there on leave…memorable :smiley: Brings back some great memories.
Nice one Leyland 600!
Paulycats

paulycats:

Leyland600:
Cheers, Leyland 600

Love the Jock’s. Served with quite a few in the Army,had some “extravagant” drinking weekends up there on leave…memorable :smiley: Brings back some great memories.
Nice one Leyland 600!
Paulycats

Lawrence Dunbar:

Postal:

tyneside:

keith8357:
was it harrisons larry on the quayside next to roundabout near swing bridge that used to make the sheets, i remember going down the stairs to the cellar to collect new sheets when i was at shortys

You are correct, in the basement of Lloyds Bank Chambers. I think their correct name was Harrison Sailmakers.

Tyneside

If the grey cells are still working correctly, I think it was T & R Harrison.The downstairs became an Italian restaurant after Harrisons finished.

Thats correct, They moved to Foundry Lane by the Ouseburn, Alfie the eldest brother died before the move Arthur along with Brian Hedley who worked there from leaving school kept going until Arthur retired, Brian than move into a new Beehive Unit still on the ,Ouseburn, He then moved the machines to Bedlington where he lived He still traded as T.R.Harrison he was still making wagon sheets ,IIRC, 2003, Regards Larry.

Brian is still going strong, behind the 3 Horseshoes next to Shankhouse near Cramlington. Nothing is too much trouble for him!

Thanks used to for the info, I will have to call in and have a bit crack with him, He used to repair our wagon sheets, Regards Larry.

Some of my old rides and the firms I´ve worked for.

Went onto website imcdb.org about vehicles in movies etc. And yes comments are right it’s absorbing and time flies by. So was happy to find this shot of one of Arthur Sanderson lorries in their original colours. My father and uncles worked for them and spent my childhood in them but have rarely seen any photos. This particular Atki would be one of a pair RPY 588M, the other being 587M and was ■■■■■■■ powered with Fuller gearbox. Would have mainly being used on daily changeover between Great Broughton and Derby with the Newport depot in South Wales.
Sandersons were taken over by R Durhams of Teesside and the fleet was repainted /rebranded around 75/76.

i378885.jpg

A photo from about 1950 i think, most that i recognise are drivers that worked for John Blaney, the garage was at the bottom of Holly hill.felling

back row of know jimmy fryatt, markie tague, al jeffers,front row joe murphy, george ■■■■■■■■■ bert porter ,davey hood, bob willis, blondy milne. Thats all i remember.

013.JPG

014.JPG

020.JPG