Old ideas to keep her lit

the u/j for the gear linkage on my c series fell apart apart on the m6 through b’ham so i had no gears , pulled one of the identifier labels off the corby steel tubes i had on and wound the wire around the u/j and tightened it up with pliers . when i got back to corby the fitter welded it all back together , broke again within a couple of days , same fix with the wire, lasted the next 2 or 3 years , was still the same wire in place when it was sold.

tony

Middle fuse on the F10…[emoji598][emoji100][emoji100]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A friend used to say if he was near fleet/top of m3 well basically off the m25 [emoji16]then the yard in Southampton was the secure parking…[emoji2369][emoji2369]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Picked up a trailer at Folkestone Docks one night to find that it had no lights at all. Shorted out the stoplight switch in the Merc and at least there were rear lights.

msgyorkie:
Allegedly…My mate did…
Pulling fuse 19 out and replacing it with a marked blown fuse on a friday evening to get home.
Also got an obliging front runner to sit in front when the alternator died along with batteries.
Wound clock forwards 9 hours one night when the night heater wouldnt work and it was -8c and got fed up of the shivering that went with it.
…Allegedly

Sure it was fuse 23 in a Volvo …

Daf 3600 ati,start engine immediately turn key back to off. steering lock stayed off lost power to pass window, no brake lights, more importantly the taco stayed on rest. So I’m told :laughing: onward onword rode the Daf. the bearded one

So I was told, on the early 4 series, once rolling to knock the limiter out, on and off with the key 3 times, the limiter stopped working. :laughing:

Never tried it, as I’m a lawful person :wink:

Driving back from Limoge with a dead alternator, overnight…
Sidelights only, or no lights when no other cars around.
Took bulbs out so there was only one in each cluster, no radio.
Bought a new battery in Le Havre which got me home to West Wales.

No trucking, but re-routed a broken throttle cable on a motorbike so I could pull it to operate.

Another time, after a problem with gravity, drove my bike from West Wales to Manchester Airport with no clutch. (broken clutch lever).

Paul

mike68:
I once wound the clock forward to the following day and inserted a new card to get home.

Allegedly.

Me too… Allegedly.

Geoffo:

mike68:
I once wound the clock forward to the following day and inserted a new card to get home.

Allegedly.

Me too… Allegedly.

Always did get confused with that 24 hour clock :slight_smile:

Wire from fuse to ■■■ lighter in a 143, you could push hard on centre of tacho to hold the needle at set speed then crack on a bit faster or just push clock on 9hrs this was all back then shouldn’t have to do anything like that this day and age

On the 4 series, pop the red seal out with a pin, flick switches, 2 left 2 right and as if by magic 100km limiter. Put panel back, pop seal back in.