Old companies in lincolnshire 1980's - 1990's

Northwall in Grimsby finished mid nineties? Seemed to coincide with dfds moving to immingham. CLS became part of PD Logistics and still have yard on Midland Rd in Scunthorpe. Don’t know about Smaller but remember the name.

back in black:
Northwall in Grimsby finished mid nineties? Seemed to coincide with dfds moving to immingham. CLS became part of PD Logistics and still have yard on Midland Rd in Scunthorpe. Don’t know about Smaller but remember the name.

I think Chris Smaller went out of the transport business around 2000, were they in Goole at one time?

Wheel Nut,can you recall A B M maltings at louth.They had many lorries,here is one my dad drove.

I remember the Malt Kiln at Louth in the 50s,near the railway station.It was originally owned by Gilstrap Earp,at least I think that’s what the company was called.The father of a school pal of mine drove for them but his name escapes me.
Is it still standing,it was a real landmark.

Here are a few photo’s of companies in grimsby and around lincolnshire.
Hope some of you remember and enjoy.

LSG 639P.jpg

F495 SBE sea serpent.jpg

More old photo’s.

Nice one Phil, I like the old Northwall pictures. Heres a couple more of the Sea Serpant, 142 and the later 113.

img115.jpg

img114.jpg

img113.jpg

Another North Lincs motor. Related to Northwall aswell.

Alan Tyson FH12.JPG

that should read POLARISATION as in poland

Here are a couple of pictures of Alan Tysons F12 that rolled over.

and his first globetrotter in HTL colours that Daz drove from new.

img063.jpg

Wheel Nut:
but Cartwright Brothers were in North Hykeham,

Cartwrights are still in North Hykeham

Does Les still drive for Cartwright his CB name was Tartan Twistlock he belonged Ayr used to drive for Percy Hull and moved down to Lincoln 1980.

hi,does anybody remember gawtry’s removals/distribution from scunthorpe.my dad used to drive the scania 82m artic.reg num cjv205x.

I remember DMT my old man worked there when I was in my teens used to deliver alot of oil to farms and motorbikes too that was a common delivery. Think he went there after Roadline collapsed.

[album]2301[/album]

hello daz,i remember dmt,a guy from around the corner from me called mike rushton drove for them,this was around 84/85 ish?,this bloke was living in northwich cheshire then but brought his motor home,which was daf 3300,he ended up in the traffic office but sadly died aged only 50 of a heart attack,ps he also drove for tim muskett transport(tmt) was there a link with dmt? i dont know do you■■?

erfguy:
Does Les still drive for Cartwright his CB name was Tartan Twistlock he belonged Ayr used to drive for Percy Hull and moved down to Lincoln 1980.

I’ve no idea to be honest sorry

Frieghtmasters ran 2 of these scania 140 but were not from linconshire but denmark but based both in grimsby.
The drivers who drove them iain craig and rob osbourne would often tip melton mowbray then run empty to penzance to reload fish.

Hi Tanktrotter,heres a shot of the 140 taken in Port Talbot…any idea if the 112 is from Lincs?

Cheers Bubbs, :wink: