OK, so you go on the weighbridge, and you're overweight

Punchy Dan:

Sploom:
The reason I asked is that someone told me that if you voluntarily pull into a weighbridge, they won’t prosecute you because you voluntarily went there.
I picked up a container of wine once, and when I drove down the road, it felt really heavy, but there was no weighbridge available at Tilbury when I picked it up.

Not true ,I read once of similar case driver got done .

Really? It’s always been my understanding that you can drive to the nearest Public Weighbridge for a check weigh.

Off topic stuff and petty insults removed.

You are allowed to drive to the nearest available/open weigh bridge to weigh your vehicle. If you pull into a DVSA site voluntarily, you will not be fined of prosecuted, but if you are overweight, you will have to wait at the DVSA site until you and your bosses organise a way of reducing your weight.
The most I ever went on a weigh bridge was 56ton and when I told the office they phoned another driver that was picking up a similar load and he has sent to a weigh bridge and it wouldn’t even weigh it, apparently the weight came up as VOID.

Sent using smoke signals

lizard:
You are allowed to drive to the nearest available/open weigh bridge to weigh your vehicle. If you pull into a DVSA site voluntarily, you will not be fined of prosecuted, but if you are overweight, you will have to wait at the DVSA site until you and your bosses organise a way of reducing your weight.
The most I ever went on a weigh bridge was 56ton and when I told the office they phoned another driver that was picking up a similar load and he has sent to a weigh bridge and it wouldn’t even weigh it, apparently the weight came up as VOID.

Sent using smoke signals

Not sure what you’re saying here?
You can drive into a DVSA site, that may be further away then a weighbridge to the place of loading, and you won’t get done?
How can that work? Except if the DVSA site IS the nearest weighbridge?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

What is the average price of a weighbridge?? Are some cheaper than others, scrapyards etc? Is it possible to use the DVSA sites like junction 20 on M62 for example? I know most people would not willingly rock up to a check site but if you wanted a unladen weight of a vehicle would they let u use it and would they charge you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

last year after drop swop at Calais was over 50t with iron castings. No fork lift, handballed off around 2tons of it in the rain and gave up, wrapped the tilt up and took it, sometimes theres little choice…