oil companys

Didn’t quite make it!

IMG_0004.jpg

here is a Volvo F7 , they were bought for the gas tanks , but here we see it coupled to a urban road tank making a garage delivery , the tanker driver in the photo is Norman Kelbrick he worked out of Stanlow oil depot , he is a smashing fellow to know. tankerjack.

Chris Webb:

adr:

Chris Webb:

adr:
March 1954, 1st ever road delivery in the UK of Liquid Sulphur leaves Shell, Stanlow.

Nice old photo of the AEC Mammoth Major MK3 Chris.I wonder if it’s a Harold Wood or a Smith and Robinson contract motor with that “WU” West Riding reg ?

Hi Chris, I bow to your superior knowledge on the reg, plate, could be H.W. or S & R, don’t know which one had most wagons on for Shell back then, both were big enough to be trusted with such an important load!
Regards Chris

Here’s another photo of it Chris and it’s captioned as a Harold Wood machine,I thought I’d seen it before. :smiley:

Both on them pictures look like he has t’foot valve still open :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

Chris Webb:

adr:

Chris Webb:

adr:
March 1954, 1st ever road delivery in the UK of Liquid Sulphur leaves Shell, Stanlow.

Nice old photo of the AEC Mammoth Major MK3 Chris.I wonder if it’s a Harold Wood or a Smith and Robinson contract motor with that “WU” West Riding reg ?

Hi Chris, I bow to your superior knowledge on the reg, plate, could be H.W. or S & R, don’t know which one had most wagons on for Shell back then, both were big enough to be trusted with such an important load!
Regards Chris

Here’s another photo of it Chris and it’s captioned as a Harold Wood machine,I thought I’d seen it before. :smiley:

Both on them pictures look like he has t’foot valve still open :stuck_out_tongue:

That or a long thread :confused:

v7victor:

Wheel Nut:

Chris Webb:

adr:

Chris Webb:

adr:

Regards Chris

That or a long thread :confused:

Could be that driver has left the outlet line flooded so that the heat of the product stops the run off pipe and outlet valve from freezing ?

Not in the manual, but a common occurance at one time

That was well known on short runs on black oil,only if foot valve pipe was well lagged.and running internal maybe a couple of miles.

Nice working environement :smiley:

IMG_0007.jpg

Another blast from the past :smiley:

I love a bit of nostalgia :smiley: I must be getting old :frowning:

IMG_0009.jpg

A few from Bob Hobbs colection @ transportphotos.com/road/photos
Unknown but looks like ex Phillips Petroleum
JLC00246-04.jpg
ESSO
JLC00246-12.jpg
Phillips Petroleum
JLC00246-19.jpg
Q8 Petroleum (came in with a bang overnight and after a few years more or less vanished) Took over Sadler Petrol-Pace Petroleum along with other smaller outlets.
JLC00246-21.jpg

Stanfield:
A few from Bob Hobbs colection @ transportphotos.com/road/photos
Unknown but looks like ex Phillips Petroleum
ESSO
Phillips Petroleum
Q8 Petroleum (came in with a bang overnight and after a few years more or less vanished) Took over Sadler Petrol-Pace Petroleum along with other smaller outlets.

Interesting pic of the Sed Atki 301 Esso Lubricants 6 wheeler, we had this wagon on A.P. at Didcot, similar/same spec chassis/cab etc for different jobs. Esso Lubricants have had some different spec wagons over the years, I don’t know if they still run them or how many they had/got but on several occasions I have seen Scania T-cab (bonneted) artics, they look really smart in those colours Its nice to see something different on the Oil fleets as against the usual same as wagons normally on that work!
Regards Chris

Who needs a hard hat when you’re on top when you’ve got a trilby :open_mouth: . I never knew Frank Sinatra drove for Esso!!!

IMG_0003.jpg

Just seen Clugsons delivering fuel to Tesco at Aycliffe,Female driver too,Fast Eddie missed out on this contract maybe!!! (anyone know owt on this)

v7victor:
Just seen Clugsons delivering fuel to Tesco at Aycliffe,Female driver too,Fast Eddie missed out on this contract maybe!!! (anyone know out on this)

Saw that truck this morning Vic, I thought it was a female driving.

mizzo:

v7victor:
Just seen Clugsons delivering fuel to Tesco at Aycliffe,Female driver too,Fast Eddie missed out on this contract maybe!!! (anyone know out on this)

Saw that truck this morning Vic, I thought it was a female driving.

Yeah Les,i looked clugstons up they are moving into fuel movement,but Tesco eh!!!

One for the fun of it

ADR%20Donkey.jpg

v7victor:
One for the fun of it

You cheeky bugger Vic,I was just in the cafe having a brew ! Dennis.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I hope you did’nt leave your money in your coat

v7victor:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I hope you did’nt leave your money in your coat

Hiya Vic, that one (horse!) power shell tanker was my first ‘motor’ at Harold Woods!! p.s, I’ve seen that Clugston motor a few times lately, if it’s the same one we are talking about the driver is not a lady, if so she has a cracking beard!!Regaeds, Mizzo.

v7victor:
:lol: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I hope you did’nt leave your money in your coat

He found that coat last week Vic!

David :smiley: