OHS Transport

Good Morning,

The BOSS, Orhan Hakki Sertel, passed away on ThursdayRIP

Sad news indeed, RIP old chap.

:frowning:

Steve Trybowski who drove for OHS the mid- 70’s photographed at a reunion last weekend.

Hi Nazmi,
I’m figuring out the number of Macks that OHS had. You’ve written somewhere in the beginning of this post that OHS Rainham had 75 Macks, but later you wrote something about 23 Macks. I think that 75 is a little much for OHS part of the group. Did PIE/United Int. Carrier also bought new Macks or were all the Macks secondhand? And last question: did United S in Germany had 8 or 11 Macks? I hope you can help me out with these questions :smiley:
Regards, Gerlof

Hello There , I hv to sit down and count, been a long while.
regards
Nazmi

Gerlof:
Hi Nazmi,
I’m figuring out the number of Macks that OHS had. You’ve written somewhere in the beginning of this post that OHS Rainham had 75 Macks, but later you wrote something about 23 Macks. I think that 75 is a little much for OHS part of the group. Did PIE/United Int. Carrier also bought new Macks or were all the Macks secondhand? And last question: did United S in Germany had 8 or 11 Macks? I hope you can help me out with these questions :smiley:
Regards, Gerlof

Hi Nazmi,
No problem. I think it’s amazing how much you remember after such a long time! I’m doing research about the history of Mack trucks in Europe, so it would be great to have the best estimation of the numbers they had :smiley: Your information so far is already so wonderful and helpful to keep this memories alive!
Regards,
Gerlof

Nice to see Steve.

Jazzandy:
Steve Trybowski who drove for OHS the mid- 70’s photographed at a reunion last weekend.

HAPPY NEW YEAR: ALL
Here is a pic’ I found, any names to faces ■■

Thanks…The one in the middle bottom might be Ibrahım Cıcıbıyık from Adana,ex Contex driver

hopey1945:
0HAPPY NEW YEAR: ALL
Here is a pic’ I found, any names to faces ■■

They’re all Contex drivers Nazmi!

F1225

Mack F 700

Thank you

yt8.jpg
ge.jpg

Yes it was a contract with Scottish Milk Marketing Board to move feta cheese to Iran>>.Full contract was ıf ı recall correctly
for 400 traıler move…After 5-10 shıpments Iranınans decıced that the cheese was not what they hv expected >> cancelled the contract…had to go to arbitration ın Scotland,Glasgow.,at the end hv been awarded a lumpsum from SMB …=“superswede10”]I seem to remember that OHS loaded out of Stranraer in the early 80s.The local creamery started producing feta cheese for export and OHS had a contract i think. They later started moving it by train but I remember the Macks and fridges.
[/quote]

Hi Andy , year must be 1976 ıf my memory serves me right.
at the time we were not interested in M/East runs, due to the fact that economy was in good order ın Turkey,unfortunately after 1977
had to -had not other choice- to look for M/East markets…Iran&Iraq&Saud&Kuwait…

Jazzandy:
Is this the sexiest truck on the old OHS fleet?

I collected this new from Antwerp with a new Dorsey skeletal flatbed trailer and brought it over to Rainham to Tilt Tek. Picked up a brand new completed tilt and this is a picture of the rig after servicing and washing by the Contex crew at Pinar Basi near Izmir after the first trip.

You are correct,up untill 1987 , we have moved everyy sınlge piece for BMC Izmır stratıng from 1971…ın 1986 or 87 a stupıd drıver made a big mistake , carryıng watches etc ın the aırfıler gauge was caught ın Bulgarıa ,and that was the end of thıs contract,have
tried to try to solve the problem,at the end after 15 days solved the problem but ıt was too late , factory come to standstıll…got the permıssıon to release the traıler wıth the BMC goods , but lost the tractıon unıt.
quote=“superswede10”]Used to be a couple of OHS or ex OHS macks in Izmir when i used ti deliver to the BMC factory there, they used to be in a yard near to the electronics factory I reloaded at sometimes.
[/quote]

As a Group(UK/Germany/Tr) fleet consist of 200 trucks, just for the UK Side 150 trucks & 175 Trailers.

JonB1973:
Excellent pics :smiley:

How many trucks did OHS run at there peak?

These pictures were taken at Rainham depot.

adr:
Hi all, I think I’ve posted these pics on another Middle East thread before but thought I’d put them on again as this is now the right thread. I know I took these in about 1981-82, memory a bit vague but I was driving for British Leyland, Cowley at the time, could I have possibly been delivering something for you to take for Export to the M/E? as Leyland were still exporting a fair amount at that time. Just a guess, hope the pics interest you anyway!
Regards Chris