Oh no ! it's getting worse

Harry Monk:

drover:
Never worked on tankers but from what people say the job is [zb] these days, earn more working for a supermarket
Plus the rotas will put you in a early grave…

I’ve never understood Hoyer’s thinking on shift patterns. Why don’t they just keep the drivers who want to work days on days and the drivers who want to work nights on nights? There seem to be plenty of both types.

Do you remember the shift pattern one of their fuel lads posted here a few years ago Harry (during the fuel tanker strike), cruel and unusual punishment it was, if you did that to animals the RSPCA would have you in court before the week was out.

Juddian:

Harry Monk:

drover:
Never worked on tankers but from what people say the job is [zb] these days, earn more working for a supermarket
Plus the rotas will put you in a early grave…

I’ve never understood Hoyer’s thinking on shift patterns. Why don’t they just keep the drivers who want to work days on days and the drivers who want to work nights on nights? There seem to be plenty of both types.

Do you remember the shift pattern one of their fuel lads posted here a few years ago Harry (during the fuel tanker strike), cruel and unusual punishment it was, if you did that to animals the RSPCA would have you in court before the week was out.

Yes, I’ve seen fuel tanker drivers’ shift patterns and they are brutal. Given that their role is so unforgiving of errors, and fatigue is a major cause of errors, you’d think the employers would do as much as possible to minimise it. But I guess it’s the usual story, if a danger isn’t legislated against then it doesn’t matter.

Nearly there again:
If the government really wished to solve the driver problem they could start with suspending the need for a valid cpc for a year and drivers who left for ventures new would be able to come back on a adhoc basis to allow stock to move, buy time to get more drivers tested and get stuff moving.

Spot on.

8DDFB888-A14A-4D5B-A4EE-FF655D3A549C.jpeg

Theyve used the same sheep in that photo that they use in the antivax ad!!

The sheeple!

On the contrary, they’re compliant sheep, happy that the sheep dog is protecting them from the wolf. Well, right up to the moment that the sheepdog herds them into the abbotoir that is. Can I get a Dachau please?

Wales - where the men are men and the sheep are nervous…

Harry Monk:
Yes, I’ve seen fuel tanker drivers’ shift patterns and they are brutal. Given that their role is so unforgiving of errors, and fatigue is a major cause of errors, you’d think the employers would do as much as possible to minimise it. But I guess it’s the usual story, if a danger isn’t legislated against then it doesn’t matter.

If not permanent shifts at least make it a 1 or 2 month rota of nights and days to allow the body clock to settle.The level of intelligence shown by the management is bizarre.
But baffling shift patterns also seem to affect other sectors too including the health care sector.

pierrot 14:
A bit late now, but they’re discussing the issue on " Question Time" on the BBC as I write

…“The RHA says this, the RHA predicted that”… But no one is talking about the DVLA backlog FFS…

I smell the whiff of Momentum involved in both the so-called “Insulate” Domestic terrorism, and feet-of-clay Footdragging @ DVLA for being out sick with made-up Covid forever, which is why there was a backlog there in the FIRST place… All to reverse the fortunes of Brexit and the Tories - with the Tories becoming so Liberal now that they are making it happen more than the Leftie Remainer foot-draggers even! :angry:

They must figure that at any snap election, Labour will romp it, whilst anything “fourth party” - will simply not be ready in time to stand in over 500 seats as they would need to… :frowning:

Second thoughts (yes I do occasionally think, despite being a moron)

GORDON 50:

Nearly there again:
If the government really wished to solve the driver problem they could start with .

As mentioned in another thread they could pay for the unemployed to be trained.

Bin Man:

GORDON 50:

Nearly there again:
If the government really wished to solve the driver problem they could start with .

The unemployed don’t want to be HGV drivers tho, they want to be unemployed, probably so they can claim everything and work for cash in hand.
The company I trained with for HGV had some doleys come for training (at taxpayer expense), and some of them did ok at it, then on test day, on the reverse exercise, they would drive forward and into the cone, and fail the test.

Dav1d:

Bin Man:

GORDON 50:

Nearly there again:

The unemployed don’t want to be HGV drivers tho, they want to be unemployed, probably so they can claim everything and work for cash in hand.
The company I trained with for HGV had some doleys come for training (at taxpayer expense), and some of them did ok at it, then on test day, on the reverse exercise, they would drive forward and into the cone, and fail the test.

So if we take your word as the truth a few unemployed people went through all the lessons got to test standard and failed on purpose you have to be taking the ■■■■, even if this is true saying all unemployed don’t want to be HGV drivers is ridiculous when i was laid off from my non driving job i had to pay for my own training i would have been over the moon if the job centre had offered me training for free.

Bin Man:
So if we take your word as the truth a few unemployed people went through all the lessons got to test standard and failed on purpose you have to be taking the ■■■■, even if this is true saying all unemployed don’t want to be HGV drivers is ridiculous when i was laid off from my non driving job i had to pay for my own training i would have been over the moon if the job centre had offered me training for free.

To be fair I could understand and would condone deliberately failing the Hiab training and manual handling risk assessments.