O licence recovery truck

Gixerbaz:

Acorn:

Gixerbaz:

njl:
Can you do what you have in mind with a 3.5t unit instead?

If I had a 10-12 ton wagon I could recover much bigger vehicles , doing the exam for transport manager might be beyond me ? But not impossible

Budget for an external TM, then when you pass, that’s bonus money. But don’t undercestimate the value of an outsiders perspective

You seem to have a good knowledge about all this ! if I had a 3.5 ton unit I could do haulage ,ie move running cars for reward without an o licence

Yes and not really. By the time you’ve added the weight of ramps or a slide bed, a few tools etc, there is not much load weight left before it goes over 3.5t.
Do your homework.

Acorn:

Gixerbaz:

Acorn:

Gixerbaz:

njl:
Can you do what you have in mind with a 3.5t unit instead?

If I had a 10-12 ton wagon I could recover much bigger vehicles , doing the exam for transport manager might be beyond me ? But not impossible

Budget for an external TM, then when you pass, that’s bonus money. But don’t undercestimate the value of an outsiders perspective

You seem to have a good knowledge about all this ! if I had a 3.5 ton unit I could do haulage ,ie move running cars for reward without an o licence

Yes and not really. By the time you’ve added the weight of ramps or a slide bed, a few tools etc, there is not much load weight left before it goes over 3.5t.
Do your homework.

Remember you can have a trailer as well, that’s another 3.5t (I’ve no idea what a trailer weighs).

[quoteYou seem to have a good knowledge about all this ! if I had a 3.5 ton unit I could do haulage ,ie move running cars for reward without an o licence[/quote]
Do your homework.
[/quote]
Better off with a bigger lorry I reckon just do recovery to start

stu675:
Remember you can have a trailer as well, that’s another 3.5t (I’ve no idea what a trailer weighs).

A trailer will weigh around 1t, but you’re then under the EU regulations, so card in and full records of other work, unless doing recovery within 100km

stevieboy308:

stu675:

A trailer will weigh around 1t, but you’re then under the EU regulations, so card in and full records of other work, unless doing recovery within 100km

Thanks. My mistake [emoji17]. It must be seeing all those pickups and ML320’s towing large vehicle trailers and thinking they must be commercial, not personal use.