“Not suitable for long vehicles”

:imp: :neutral_face:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:
Did NOT want to meet this guy today, especially as there was 2 miles behind me with nowhere to turn around or pull in.
It was a wagon and drag, the driver a cracking lad who must have backed up best part of a mile for me…proper driver.

Yes defo a proper driver ,us w & d drivers will always reverse rather than watching an artic driver trying to preform :smiley: :laughing: :wink: :blush:

Nah…it’s just that he knew his place in the pecking order Dan. :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

Must be a local - metal mirror guards, some contraption to cut down low trees over the roof and can be used to provide light to small villages on event if power cut (must have mega batteries).

Please close your eyes for a minute Punchy Dan.

We could say they are just puddle jumpers towing an oversized caravan so obviously artics are superior, but got to admit they do look more suited to West Country roads…not that I’ll admit this in front of them of course. :wink:

Stussy:
Mine is only 13’3, so manages to fit under most low branches, and only one bridge which isn’t even close

Low Bridge1.jpg

They keep changing the height on these ones, and I often see other 13’9" supermarket wagons go straight under it, ignoring the “You’re too high!” signs on the approach…

robroy:
Did NOT want to meet this guy today, especially as there was 2 miles behind me with nowhere to turn around or pull in.
It was a wagon and drag, the driver a cracking lad who must have backed up best part of a mile for me…proper driver.

Is that one of John Dorse’s outfit? looks like one of their hay and straw wagons

wide-load85:

robroy:

Is that one of John Dorse’s outfit? looks like one of their hay and straw wagons

Not sure whose truck it was mate, but a local lad to the area afaik.

Quinny:
WTF was that 4 wheel drive doing down there? Green laneing?

Not unusual to see lanes like that used on nightime road rallies as well. Going down narrow lanes at speed, is not something that I condone…honestly.

Ken.

Why shouldn’t he go down there? It’s just a normal B road to get to various farms and villages!
As for speeding on single track lanes, all,of our drivers spend most of the night going 30+ on them, if you didn’t you’d never do all the collections in your shift

Stussy:

Quinny:
WTF was that 4 wheel drive doing down there? Green laneing?

Not unusual to see lanes like that used on nightime road rallies as well. Going down narrow lanes at speed, is not something that I condone…honestly.

Ken.

Why shouldn’t he go down there? It’s just a normal B road to get to various farms and villages!
As for speeding on single track lanes, all,of our drivers spend most of the night going 30+ on them, if you didn’t you’d never do all the collections in your shift

Untill one of your heroes bins in a hedge, or has a frontal with a car coming round a corner…

I always refused to rush the job, and had “animated arguments” about it. Untill one of our heroes found himself in court, collecting 11 points and a big fine.

Oh how i laughed.

No really, it was one of my beter days.

If a car comes you brake or stop, it’s a simple concept :laughing:

Stussy:
If a car comes you brake or stop, it’s a simple concept :laughing:

Of course it is…

You obviously haven’t been down some of the lanes ive had to go.

You saw my video, a 4x4 came the other way and no one died. You’re trying to make something out of nothing. There are miles and miles of single track roads down here where it is perfectly possible to go 50 in the dark and see when a car is coming.

Stussy:
You saw my video, a 4x4 came the other way and no one died. You’re trying to make something out of nothing. There are miles and miles of single track roads down here where it is perfectly possible to go 50 in the dark and see when a car is coming.

Pedestrians? Oops, Go to Gaol do not collect £200.

Pedestrians? :laughing:
This is darkest Cornwall at 2am in the middle of nowhere, you’ll be lucky to see a cat out after dark let alone pedestrians! Nothing is open, I could count on one hand how many 24hr garages are open across most of the whole county, let alone anywhere for pedestrians to be going :laughing:

Stussy:

Its easier in the dark. As long as your lights are high enough to spot rogue branches sficking out… :grimacing: