Not PIE

Franglais:

robroy:

the maoster:
This is proper Pie, I like him, I suspect Franglais will like him too. Yes it’s satirical but he speaks a lot of sense.

Warning, bad language contained within

youtu.be/Gljtvwhcdhc

I like that guy, good find mate… :laughing:
As for Frangers, he may have mixed feelings I reck, in a ‘‘Don’t diss the Covid’’ type stylee… :smiley:

Yep. Lot of truth said there.

“…clear about this our last PRIME MINISTER blew a 30 billion pound hole in the economy overnight TEST AND TRACE cost us 37 billion pounds useless PPE wasted 8.7 billion pounds which ended up in the pockets of TORY donors a shambolically executined BREXIT lost as 40 billion tax revenue alone Richie SUNAK lost 11billion pounds by overpaying interest…”

But hey, GORDON BROWN cost us 5 billion quid, so LABOUR can`t be trusted.

HOUSE… full line !!! :sunglasses:
I’m getting good on this ‘Franglais post Bingo’'. :laughing:
If BORIS had made an appearance with COVID…it would have been JACKPOT :laughing:

robroy:
HOUSE… full line !!! :sunglasses:
I’m getting good on this ‘Franglais post Bingo’'. :laughing:
If BORIS had made an appearance with COVID…it would have been JACKPOT :laughing:

Since February I`ve made 5 “covid” posts.
RR has made 13
Same period, “Boris”
Me, Zero.
RR, 3.

Still, don`t let any actual facts get in the way of your views.

So you’ve gone back, counted and cross referenced posts …right ok. :smiley:
You are just TOO easily wound up man.
Lighten up ffs. :smiley:

robroy:

I went to trouble…3 minutes of sweating away over a hot keyboard… to prove that you are, once again, that you are talking absolute bollix.
Yeah, time well spent !

Franglais:

robroy:

I went to trouble…3 minutes of sweating away over a hot keyboard… to prove that you are, once again, that you are talking absolute bollix.
Yeah, time well spent !

Ok,.I think I can live with that. :smiley:
Whatever is important enough to make you happy.

robroy:

Franglais:

robroy:

Yeah, time well spent !

Ok,.I think I can live with that. :smiley:
Whatever is important enough to make you happy.

Thanks. I`m very sure your approval is welcome.

I do like pointing out bollix when I see it.
I dont like people reading lies and bollix, here or anywhere. Whether the bollix and lies are invented by the poster, or are not thought through repetitions of someone elses nonsense, then why wouldn`t I comment?

(Rhetorical question)

Franglais:
Thanks. I`m very sure your approval is welcome.

I do like pointing out bollix when I see it.
I dont like people reading lies and bollix, here or anywhere. Whether the bollix and lies are invented by the poster, or are not thought through repetitions of someone elses nonsense, then why wouldn`t I comment?

(Rhetorical question)

Yep, you just take stuff FARRRR TOoooo seriously mate. :unamused:
And bite far too often. :smiley:

youtu.be/zTcu7MCtuTs
:wink:

Zac_A:

Carryfast:

Zac_A:

Carryfast:
Ironically it might be a figure which originates from some sort of higher intelligence whether alien or earth based.
Ultimately it could be a space/time navigation tool which is used to plot and compensate for the curvature of space.
In a similar way that the shortest distance from one side of the Earth to the other is a curve not a straight line.
We also know that PI is needed to calculate the circumference/length of a circle/curve.
My guess is that one day they might find out that it needs to be applied as a correction factor to the supposed ‘red shift’.
Who knows.

Supposed “red shift”? Are you for real?

It ‘would’ obviously be supposed if it’s at some point found that all the distance calculations based on it are off.Because the light in question has reached us via an extended curved/circular route from what is actually a much closer point to us in space/time.
PI is obviously the factor required to deduce the length of the circumference/periphery of a curve ?..
Or in this case obviously the amount to be subtracted from the figures that the shift ‘appears’ to show ?.The further away it is obviously the longer/further the curve through space that it travels to get here.
Bearing in mind admissions that observations of the distant universe don’t seem to be in line with the theories.

It’s already been clearly established that wherever it is you get your “knowledge” of astrophysics, it’s not from the same place that the rest of us do (see multiple posts on Venus, Mars, and CO2).

I’m curious why someone who clearly has no scientific training continues to pontificate on matters they cannot fully comprehend.

Red shift is real and verifiable, as is the Doppler effect.
scitechdaily.com/astronomy-astr … -redshift/

Yep pontification of stuff like space is curved and Venus was cooked because of its atmospheric pressure and distance from the Sun just like Mars was frozen for the same reason.
Your ‘doppler’ effect obviously ain’t much use if the light that you’re measuring has gone on a detour that’s possibly/probably a lot more than the distance to us from where it originated from.
Just like the Doppler effect of the sound from a passing vehicle on the M4 won’t mean a thing if that sound only reaches you via Birmingham or Manchester.
On that note if you want to know the circumference/length of a continuous curve/circle ? and if you want to know the diameter or radius of a curve/circle but only know the length/circumference of the curve what figure do you need to calculate it ?.
Also you do know that the shortest distance from here to Los Angeles is via Greenland and the Hudson Bay.Good luck with your fuel and time calculations if you think it’s South West via Cornwall.

Franglais:
A college professor is hosting a visitor from another college. He takes him out for a drink in an off campus bar. The visitor is a boastful PITA, and his host gets peed off with his bragging about his college and students.
When the visitor goes off to the toilet, the prof calls over the blonde waitress and says “Ill give you a fiver if you help play a joke on my friend, When you serve the next round, Ill ask you a maths question and you reply one third x cubed. OK?”
“Sure, one third x cubed”
The visitor returns and the conversation resumes, as they order another round of drink.
As the waitress walks away to fetch the round, the prof says “Hell, I bet even that blonde knows as much as your students”
They both put a ten pound note on the table, and wait for the waitress.
Host " Thanks, miss… Hey, do you know the indefinite integral of x squared?"
She smiles and hesitantly says “Ummm…one third x cubed?”
The prof smiles, and reaches towards the money,
She confidently says “plus a constant”…and takes the £20.

I guess that PI is going to be important in working out the actual distance between any two distant points of a spherical universe.To the point where the red shift is just an erroneous factor, caused by light between distant objects, having travelled through a long curving detour and the detour/curve obviously being longer the further apart they are.

quantamagazine.org/what-shap … -20191104/

If I recall correctly from my distant school days the shortest route between any 2 points on the globe is the “Great Circle Route.”

Obviously if we need to calculate a specific point, to the size of a planetary system let alone a planet, within a virtually infinite circle/sphere, from just a known virtually infinite circumference/curve figure, then we’re going to need a figure of PI to a virtually infinite figure of decimal places to plot it ?.
Franglais’ seems to have gone quiet when it comes to the finer points of intergalactic navigation.
The red shift obviously doesn’t seem to apply to interstellar space within the our own Galaxy in that regard and some say that even Andromeda is moving towards us not supposedly accelerating away from us ?.

fivethirtyeight.com/features/ev … end-of-pi/

Gidders:
If I recall correctly from my distant school days the shortest route between any 2 points on the globe is the “Great Circle Route.”

Absolutely.
Not very clear when looking at looking at flat paper atlases, but is much more obvious on a globe.

The different projections of the globe onto flat surfaces gives rise to different errors of perception. Apart from “straight line” routes, the area is usually distorted too.
Look at a typical Mercator projection map. Greenland appears much larger than it really is.

Africa compared to the Americas? The Sahara desert has a greater area than the contiguous USA.

Which one of these links do I have to read which supports the argument that light no longer travels in straight lines?
because that is what I am picking up as a theory put forward from a quick skim through this thread.

“It ‘would’ obviously be supposed if it’s at some point found that all the distance calculations based on it are off.Because the light in question has reached us via an extended curved/circular route from what is actually a much closer point to us in space/time.”

cav551:
Which one of these links do I have to read which supports the argument that light no longer travels in straight lines?
because that is what I am picking up as a theory put forward from a quick skim through this thread.

“It ‘would’ obviously be supposed if it’s at some point found that all the distance calculations based on it are off.Because the light in question has reached us via an extended curved/circular route from what is actually a much closer point to us in space/time.”

I think it`s related to the theories that pi can only be understood by higher alien intelligences, and that light chooses to travel in arcs because it gets where it wants to go quicker.
All quite obvious really!

Pi is a bit like logarithms, algebra,.and Pythagoras’s Theorem.
Summet you have to learn at school, boring as ■■■■, and something totally and literally useless in real life…There again I’m a trucker not an rta reconstruction ist.
…or whatever.
That is my take on it anyhoo. :smiley:

cav551:

Light is curved by gravity no one actually knows if it travels in a curve through a curved spherical universe because no one even knows if the universe is open ended flat or closed curved spherical shaped.

Define ‘straight line’ in a closed spherical universe.
So the light travels in a straight line from Los Angeles to London in a ‘straight line’ via Texas and South Carolina to Cornwall.As opposed to a curved line via Canada and Greenland.Which measurement provides the correct distance between the two places ?.
Assuming the light has gone on a detour through curved space, like the former of those examples, but to the tune of hundreds or thousands, or hundreds of thousands, of light years, then obviously all bets are off regarding calculating a correct distance measurement, let alone ‘doppler’ effect, calculated from it.
Obviously PI to the closest infinite decimal place would help as a correction factor in that.

Franglais:

cav551:

I think it`s related to the theories that pi can only be understood by higher alien intelligences, and that light chooses to travel in arcs because it gets where it wants to go quicker.
All quite obvious really!

A ‘straight line’ is obviously an arc and vice versa, in curved space of a closed spherical universe.