Not been paid by agency

PaulHorsfield:
Will contact umbrella company today for advice.

That’ll be a bizarre conversation!

Meant PML accounting! I’m sure they must have a procedure for following things up.

I have to wait until Friday first on the off chance that they actually pay me the four days.

Agency Work as we know it. From Commercial Motor

Nottingham-based recruiters Highway Drivers has been forced to close down following the appointment of liquidators.

Joint liquidators from Begbies Traynor were appointed to the firm, which provided professional LGV drivers to the haulage sector, on 12 September.

Highway Drivers traded out of the Winterbeck Industrial Estate in Nottingham.

It is understood that the firm lost one of its two contracts, leaving it with no alternative but to close down.

It was hardly a driver agency was it?

I wonder how much the drivers were owed.

Wheel Nut:
Agency Work as we know it. From Commercial Motor

Nottingham-based recruiters Highway Drivers has been forced to close down following the appointment of liquidators.

Joint liquidators from Begbies Traynor were appointed to the firm, which provided professional LGV drivers to the haulage sector, on 12 September.

Highway Drivers traded out of the Winterbeck Industrial Estate in Nottingham.

It is understood that the firm lost one of its two contracts, leaving it with no alternative but to close down.

It was hardly a driver agency was it?

I wonder how much the drivers were owed.

Over 200 drivers on the books, everyone on first name terms, boss paid a lump sum (considerable amount) into the x mas drinkathon for his drivers, paid every penny we were owed with no quibble. I’d never worked for an agency before Highway so I can’t comment on the rest so I can only speak as I find and I can hand on heart say the company was great and treat the drivers as humans and never ever messed us about.

A sincere good luck with whatever you do in future Garrie.