Not again!!!!!

Coffeeholic:

Rob K:
then you can tip at 8.30am as expected next day and then when you’re ready to go, put your card in.

My apologies Rob, it didn’t seem that you knew as you suggested putting the card in after tipping. :confused: :confused: :unamused:

Aye, it wasn’t that clear. I was half speaking about my own preferences too, which is never to have less than 9hrs rest BUT me personally, I have no problem tipping or loading off the card. However, it’s rare we do 15hr days anyway. I would go on but I don’t have the words for what I’m trying to say, so I won’t. Too tired now. :confused:

We have the advantage in the UK that we can run on a Sunday to allow us to get to the 8 AM deliveries. In Europe they still get 8am tips but cannot move till 10pm.

If we were running upto Scotland we left home around Lunchtime to get a pie and a pint.
Part of our job is knowing how long it takes to get somewhere, allow for delays and planning accordingly.

If a customer has a workforce on pay from 8 AM he needs produce or equipment for them to work with.

Its our job

It seems this all arose becaus originally I was supposed to go to Stockport, not Derby (a difference of around 1.5 hours). Thus I would have been in Stockport around 11pm and I would have got my 9 hours off and be fresh as a daisy at 8am. IF I had left when I did. If I had not known what my boss was up to - encouraging me to cut short my break (leaving at 8pm as he asked) I would have been all clear. As he changed my run he had not thought about the fact I’d be driving til 1am.

I may have been a bit harsh in abusing him like I did. However the simple fact remains he wanted me to run bent.

Wheelnut: I know how long it takes to get places. That’s why I knocked back the run to Dagenham and Devizes because I knew I’d run out of hours and be weekended. It is he who doesn’t know. If I he had called me back (or even texted me as he has a habit of doing :imp: ) and told me his changes I would have gone in even earlier to get parked up.

I think he was thinking of my weekly rest and wanted me to cut my daily rest so he wouldn’t have to compensate for a shorter weekly rest later in the month. So in fact the more I think about it he is not stupid, he knows what he is doing. He’s just foolhardy and trying to play the system. Either way I am not playing his game. My license, my hard earned to pay for it. I ain’t lying to the police to cover up for it if I get caught. I don’t want to have to explain to the judge why I killed a family of 4 on the M1 because I fell asleep at the wheel (god forbid it ever happened).

This thread has turned into a huge rant on my part :blush:
I feel better now - thanks for listening. :smiley:
I thin I’d better find another job. This one obviously isn’t agreeing with me. Too many nights away from my girlfriend/home. Gets you down in the end. :cry:

PS. Martin, that sounds great. Did the guys wear slippers when they tipped you. They must have had the quietest forklift in the world! :laughing:

All the places I go, they all shout at each other across the yard. Have noisy forklifts, etc. etc. Not many places as considerate as that.