Not 1 but 2 complaints to Highways Agency tonight

but you’d think that before closing the M6 and sending you along the A34 that they would have at least finshed the road works on the said A34 and while their at it the diversion while the M5 is closed think it was 7 to 5 again road works on the diversion route you couldnt make it up nobody would belive you

Conor:
As I was going to Radlett on Friday night down the A1 I got to thinking about this thread.

Carl is complaining about the lack of information but when they were building the 4 lane stretch of the A1M south of Peterborough to the A14 in the mid 90s there were no overhead matrix signs, no Highways Agency or any website at all and no smartphone apps, no Google Maps, no realtime traffic information. In fact the only notification we had of any overnight closures were on the metal signs put up and unless you went down that route prior to the roadworks and took a note of the closure you were completely unaware of anything untowards until you got to the “Roadworks 1 mile” sign. And we just used to get on with it. Whilst we may seem to have had overhead motorway information signs forever, they’ve only in fact been on the go maybe 10 years or so?

I think had Carl been driving trucks back then he’d have had a heart attack from all the rage going on how much he’s flipped his lid over what he’s posted in this thread.

Whilst what we have now may not be ideal and always work and leaves a lot to be desired with some of the choices of message put up or not, it is infinitely better than what we had before.

What we have now is far from ideal. Why bother giving us information that’s just plain wrong?
I usually check online for any planned closures before I set off (perfect planning prevents ■■■■ poor performance), but I don’t know why I bother.
It’s the bad planning and misinformation that frustrates me more than the roadworks.