Northwest Trucks

Photobucket killed this post :frowning:

Couple of shots of the yard at J Barretts Haulage Contractor Wellyhole Street Oldham.

Photos taken by J Stanfield

On Wednesday 9th March Fotopic the host server of Northwest Trucks went offline.
This wasn’t entirely unusual as it’s performance over recent weeks and months had been increasingly unreliable
With over 5000 pictures on the site, in 76 separate galleries all with detailed information built up over the last two years, i had been hoping that Fotopic would come back on line.
Unfortunately now after almost a week off line this now seems highly unlikely.
The lack of information from Fotopic has also been very frustrating as they have not released a statement of any kind as to why the their site has gone down.
I like thousands of other dissatisfied Fotopic users are left reflecting on all the time and effort put into the site just to see it disappear at the flick of a switch.

Thank you all for all your support over the last two years

Regards Paul Anderson

Sorry to hear that Paul,

You had built a brilliant site there.

Very sorry to hear what has happened really enjoyed the site and am gutted for you after all the effort it must have taken to produce and maintain a site like northwest trucks.Many thanks and lets hope this is not the end.
regards dave. aka BILKO

Aargh :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: what a real ■■■■■■ :imp: :imp: Really hope you are able to retrieve all the hard work you have put into the brilliant Northwest Trucks site.

Good Luck
Regards
Dave Penn;

Hope you can retrieve the pics Paul.I appreciate all the hard work creating your site.
Cheers Dave.

Hi Paul absolutley gutted for you .We all know the pure effort you put into the site mainly for our enjoyment.If there is a tiny wee positive to come short term whilst it gets sorted it is that you may get a break away from the pressure and have a chill and enjoy the other sites. Kindest Regards Mike.

moomooland:
On Wednesday 9th March Fotopic the host server of Northwest Trucks went offline.
This wasn’t entirely unusual as it’s performance over recent weeks and months had been increasingly unreliable
With over 5000 pictures on the site, in 76 separate galleries all with detailed information built up over the last two years, i had been hoping that Fotopic would come back on line.
Unfortunately now after almost a week off line this now seems highly unlikely.
The lack of information from Fotopic has also been very frustrating as they have not released a statement of any kind as to why the their site has gone down.
One ray of hope rests with the original creator of Fotopic, Joel Rowbottom,
who is currently building a new site Pikfu.
This is being created along similar lines to Fotopic, but with various modernisations.
Until this gets off the ground, or until Fotopic miraculously returns, I, like thousands of other dissatisfied Fotopic users are left reflecting on all the time and effort put into the site just to see it disappear at the flick of a switch.
Thank you all for all your support over the last two years
Regards Paul Anderson
Heres one for the road

hiya,
As a North West ex-pat now living in the North East i look in most days at the great “Northwest” site now what am i going to do without my “fix” might have to take to the drink, several firms on there that i’ve driven for and quite a few motors that i’ve driven i’m certainly going to miss it, help.
thanks harry long retired.

That’s a great disapointment Paul to all of us who have looked in on your site in the past so our condolences go out to you. We all hope that you will be able to retrieve your brilliant site and thank you for all the great effort that you have put into it.

Regards Steve.

moomooland:
Over the last five months i have been busy building a web site about haulage firms from across the North West of England.
Thanks to Truck.net i have made many new contacts, to numerous to mention, who have helped with dates,descriptions, picture’s, locations etc
A special thanks also goes out to to Bubbleman!! Thanks again Marcus :slight_smile:
The site now contains over 400 pictures and grows bigger each day with some of the latest images supplied by haulage company ‘Austin Wilkinson’.

Also from today the website has a new simpler and easier to remember address northwesttrucks.fotopic.net/

Thanks again to all Truck.net members for your invaluable help

Regards Paul Anderson Northwest Trucks

hiya,
Sure as Hell missing my regular dose of “Northwest Trucks” is there no chance of getting it back on, being an aged Lancastrian happily living in the in the North East it was one way of keeping up to date there was several motors and several companies which i have driven/worked for over the years and i thoroughly enjoyed looking back at them keep trying to get onto the website it being one of my bookmarked sites but always the same “unavailable” maybe a miracle will happen.

heres one for you moomooland,worked for them on agency a few years back

hiya,
Just read in the Lancashire Evening Telegraph that another sizeable transport and warehousing company has had to pull the pin the company in question is ELW of Darwen quite a few driving jobs as well as office and warehouse staff have gone according to the paper five staff will remain to help with the winding up, sad day,

Yes thats right. my brother worked there till last Friday, told on Friday just come back to the yard and dont drop your trailer anywere. got back you finished. My brother worked for Ditchfields and then John sold out then it closed down. then K&P Iddon and then guss what, you got it they closed. then ELW and again out of work.

Was at Lynch trucks the oher day and one of ELWs trailers was there for an ABS fault. But they rand and said dont bother we are closing.

The 2 big jobs they had, people say Kenyons from blackburn got it?

Peter

They had quite a large fleet by all accounts.My son used to work for them a few year back.transportphotos.com/road/photo
ELW Scania.jpg :cry: :cry: :cry:

Stanfield:
They had quite a large fleet by all accounts.My son used to work for them a few year back.transportphotos.com/road/photo0 :cry: :cry: :cry:

hiya,
Am i right in saying the ELW outfit went under the name of Maudsley’s originally and ran mainly AECs they took over another Darwen company called Harwood Meggitt a haulage outfit with warehousing capacity this would have been in the 60s i did a couple of stints for Harwood Ms just before the takeover there used to be so many hauliers in Darwen can’t be many sizeable ones left have’nt lived there since 1972 so only keep in touch by reading the “Telegraph” computer version.

That’s the ones Harry you are right
R Maudsley AEC Mercury.jpgNot a very good picture but the only one I have

your right about e.l.w.wharehousing once being r. maudsley. my father was foreman coachpainter at motor bodies(blackburn)ltd and i remember maudsleys taking there wagons there for painting.i hope kenyons haven,t taken there work.always were a sneaky lot,old fella with a clapped out old jag, and son always running at back of him.they say what goes around comes around, maybe some other outfit ready to undercut them with a bit of luck. jak.

Photobucket killed this post :frowning:

jak:
your right about e.l.w.wharehousing once being r. maudsley. my father was foreman coachpainter at motor bodies(blackburn)ltd and i remember maudsleys taking there wagons there for painting.i hope kenyons haven,t taken there work.always were a sneaky lot,old fella with a clapped out old jag, and son always running at back of him.they say what goes around comes around, maybe some other outfit ready to undercut them with a bit of luck. jak.

Just to underline what you say about Kenyons being sneaky jak, just click on the following link eastlancashirewarehousing.co.uk

ELW’s website was elw.co.uk

It is true that the two major contracts ELW lost have both gone to Kenyons.