Normal or mad

Total and utter loon , :unamused: :unamused:
No way would I go back driving

If I won a million, I’d probably plan full retirement to coincide with my blue card expiry, and then continue to drive beyond that whilst my main licence went - only to transport using a hired removal 17tonner - my stuff into our new mansion… :grimacing: :sunglasses:

Ps. Wot’s the situation like for living, rather than being able to afford to live in the state of Florida…?

I see house prices are fairly reasonable, but I have no idea what surcharges are payable, such as utility bills, rates, or any US equivalent of Poll Tax/Council Taxes…?

Age 56 he could expect to live another 30 years. £1,000,000 over those 30 years is only £33,333 per year plus any interest and pension. OK, enough to live comfortably, but not a hugely opulent lifestyle.

trucken:
Age 56 he could expect to live another 30 years. £1,000,000 over those 30 years is only £33,333 per year plus any interest and pension. OK, enough to live comfortably, but not a hugely opulent lifestyle.

Spot on.

Plus, if he has children and wants to help them out, the million will soon wittle down.

alamcculloch:
Lots of lottery winners have really messed up their lives. Money doesnt buy happiness. If it were me I would be off to Croatia and do a bit of sailing.

Money doesn’t buy you happiness - unless your normal lifestyle is one of discretion.

The moment friends and family find out, the misery begins otherwise…

I’m surprised actually that all these 9-figure lottery winners that chose to go public - didn’t have gangsters around the very next day offering their “protection racket contract” at say, a million a year to stay alive this year…

Normal or mad…Terms which will never fully describe the human condition.

I bailed as soon as I had saved enough money, semi retired at 46 and then fully retired at 56, living in the sun and I don`t even have a driving licence here! Loving it.

My needs are modest, I grow most of my own food and I have no attraction to all the tech stuff and that includes cars.

My house has no central heating, is on the top of a mountain, so it is cold in the winter, but we have a forest for wood, wood which I have to process all myself, love it.

We have a small spring fed lake for water…
I am not a millionaire, but I do have enough to be free and it is the best thing I have ever done in my entire life, I even like the wasps that stab you, stings are for ■■■■■■■ :laughing: All the insects here are larger and bite more, but it is nice to be exposed to nature.

If the World goes into melt down tomorrow, I would never know, that is how I like it.
I am done with society.

Go back…He wasn`t mad, just numb.

Winseer:
I’m surprised actually that all these 9-figure lottery winners that chose to go public - didn’t have gangsters around the very next day offering their “protection racket contract” at say, a million a year to stay alive this year…

Which is precisely what happened to the infamous lottery winner from Swaffham who’s name escapes me (Micky?), the local caravan dwellers soon relieved him of his burden.