Norfolk haulage companies

Thanks again Haddy for bringing back the memories

l remember parking down Church Lane and picking the children up from Repton House.
l wasn’t on the 1st convoy. l was in Sweden with Les Routiers but Val drove my truck.

Can l see Sammy Bartram ( Columbo ) right in the centre and Colin ( East Winds ) with Glen just behind Linsey and l can see ■■■■ Poll.
l can recognise others but cant put names to them.
Has anyone else got any photos of ECT

Again l remember we were in the Showground Café on a Sunday morning meeting when we changed from the ECT to the ECT86 club. All because of CB radio.
Anyone remember the reason why the ECT was formed? We put money into a kitty to replace anyone who had his CB confiscated by the police. Good ole AM days.
Still sunny
Regards Bob.

I’ve still got my original AM set, I paid £60 for it in 1980/81, a fair bit to fork out in those days but worth every penny as things turned out! Here it is on the top shelf of the “museum”. Regards Haddy.

Haddy is that your garage or your front room.

Please tell me your not a sad ole git.

Nice and warm.
Bob.

Worked out of Campbells soups

Twoninety88:
Then there was Dents Transport of Hilgay, all day cabbed vehicles if I remember right. I think they used to do a lot of Canned goods.

bootneckbob:
Haddy is that your garage or your front room.

Please tell me your not a sad ole git.

Nice and warm.
Bob.

You should see the photo collection then, it must run into thousands! I was extremely lucky in 2006 and retired aged 59 ( a total shock ) so I get plenty of time to visit collector’s fairs and auctions and buy stuff that I “need”. Cheers Haddy.

Heres a ic of a big J,one of 2 operated by the EAE Group Gt Yarmouth.The one in the pic had a ■■■■■■■ 220/fuller 9509 box.The other same spec but David Brown box(fuller was better).The driver in the motor was Wally Nobbs.The trucks were used mainly Gt Yarmouth/Aberdeen.The company wanted AEC Mandators but they were not available at the time and we needed the motors in a hurry.Mann Egerton in Norwich had the Big Js ex stock and the done good for us.Photo taken at Ellough Ind Estate Beccles in the background you can see the EAE Offices.Amonst other activities,EAE used to make these units for offshore so joined a load together to make ther offices.We carried a lot of these portable units most of them over size.

Haddy when I was a youngster iwas in 1070 Sqdn Diss ATC and in the mid 60’s took part in a marching “race” round the old Norwich ring-road. If my memory is correct it is 11 miles. We were carrying a rifle - you were pulling a lorry? Sod that! Did you try bleeding it? A new battery?
Merry Xmas and a happy New Year to you and all at TN. Jim

jmc jnr:
Haddy when I was a youngster iwas in 1070 Sqdn Diss ATC and in the mid 60’s took part in a marching “race” round the old Norwich ring-road. If my memory is correct it is 11 miles. We were carrying a rifle - you were pulling a lorry? Sod that! Did you try bleeding it? A new battery?
Merry Xmas and a happy New Year to you and all at TN. Jim

Hello Jim, there was an open-topped bus, supplied by Anglian Windows, in front of us and every now and then we would have a spell riding on it but I think the gang of us in that photo did most of the 11 miles though. Anyway a merry Christmas and happy new year to you too mate. Best regards, Haddy ( Dave )

Hi All,

Just wanted to let anyone know who knew my Dad, Barry Parker, that he sadly passed away early hours Wednesday morning after a 5 yr battle with prostate cancer.

He will be sadly missed by all his family and his many friends. I will post funeral details once I know them and it would be nice to see some of his old trucker mates there to share some stories with.

Mandie

Funeral at Earlham Crematorium, Norwich at 12:45 on Thursday 27th March 2014

My sincerest condolences. R.I.P. Barry. Jim.

To all you East Coast Truckers who made my young neighbour Jake Snowling’s day, Jake passed away on Tuesday, 3 months before his 17th birthday.
His funeral is at Redgrave church on Wednesday, 26th of March at 2-00pm.
We all knew he was fighting a losing battle and that every day was precious, so your help and consideration made that day special.
On behalf of his mum,dad sister and two half brothers THANK YOU.
Highest Regards.
Jim. (ex Ben Wyatt Plant Hire, Fridged Freight, Podmore Haulage, Burroughes of Bressingham etc.)

Especially for you Joe Junr, your dad’s motor, I think it’s the right one. Best regards Haddy.

My dad used to drive for the 7 squadron, as did 2 of my uncles and maybe my grandad. Dads Shakin’ shed was C215CNG if I remember. After his first night out in it, it wouldn’t start in the morning. He always preferred the F7s he had before.

Hiya Kindle, here’s one that probably came in the same batch as your dad’s, according to the reg. anyway. Plus an older one before they changed the colour scheme from brown and white. Cheers Haddy.

By the way, I was told last week that Maggie from the Red Lodge has died. The funeral was at Risby on Thursday.

Cheers haddy.

If any of Dads (Barrie Parker) mates that are left, would like to come to the wake, it’s at Lenwade Bridge Inn from about 2:30pm onwards. Would love to hear some stories of Dads driving days in the 70’s.

Mandie

haddy:
Hello again Chris, I would guess Roudhams did market work in those days. I suppose they could have had a trunk but in the early 60s I seem to think they ran mostly ridgids so no trailer swaps. I can remember them working out of Gaymer’s Cider in Attleborough and there was recently a photo on E bay of a BMC four wheeler with a removable fridge box.I didn’t bid for it as it wasn’t very good although I collect photos of East Anglian hauliers. They were taken over by Welches, probably in the 70s, and they were in the Transport Association like our bloke so we used to fill up with diesel there a good bit. Only a short distance from the A11 it was a handy spot, no Green Shield stamps though. Regards,Haddy,Gt. Yarmouth.
PS. Excuse my ignorance but what does IIRC mean ? I’m still a new boy on here.

I drove for roudham trainsport inlate 60s my first job, then Williams cold storage thetfofd,shunter for spinks in jays thetford. tony goulding.

Hello All. I thought I would revive this thread to see if there is any interest left in the Norfolk scene. Jim.
Ex Fridged Freight, Podmore Haulage, Burroughes, Suffolk Commercials and S.V. Engineering ( wreckers)