No breaks in services

Same situ in my place of work no stopping unless really needed too but then you need to ring up and get a ref number which they will never pick the phone up then complain when you get back to the yard

also no using a roads, just motoroway and follow the set route unless obv motorway closed so cancer but you accept the job so w.e

edd1974:

Wheel Nut:
Allegedly DHL Red had gangs of marauding security officers who would try and trick aviation security by putting stuff in lorries that were caught having an unauthorised ■■■■ or snooze. To my knowledge I was never caught but the idea was to keep the bank staff and plane loaders on their toes.

This kinda of thing happened many years ago when worked for servisair at Manchester airport.
Mainly for security reasons. Load was sealed on collection . It was classed as secured load. Already been x-rayed and ready to go into a plane.

If the seal was broke all the cargo then had to re examined and x-rayed to make sure no one had planted a bomb etc.

The aviation security spot checkers or what ever they were called was a long time ago now .used to spot veichles parked up and place some.kind of red.box inside and if found the driver got a warning.
They used be sneaky at times though . You’d be parked up where you need to be walk to office book in by time walked back the had opened up the back placed a box inside.
As your supposed keep the load secure at all times.

You can see there point really though for aviation .

That was the isea, but this was really used to make sure the hub was doing its job too, all the security courses we did as drivers and climbing through hoops made a mockery of it all when they brought in random agency staff to load the planes

ETS:
phone the office to get a reference number to put on the paperwork.

How’s that going to prevent

Conor:
Takes seconds to break a plastic seal and lift up the rear roller doors whilst you’re wandering off to the bog and then they’re in with a load which if it’s parcels or consumer electronics is going to be a whole lot easier to nick than stuff that’s palletised.

?
[/quote]
It isn’t but what it does is cover your backside for deviating off route.

When I subbed to the 'lectric company, I took a generator to a small industrial unit on an estate near Hayes. We had an issue as to where to park the truck and eventually we asked if we could park it in the lot out the front as this was nearest to the fault which was a blown underground cable that was not on the unit premises.

Guy appeared with the obligatory lanyard round his neck and said it wouldn’t be possible because when we go home the lasers are activated which crisscross the yard and premises.

There was no signage whatsoever outside but the extra high steel fencing and razor wire was a serious deterrent.

A fair few vehicles came and went that afternoon - transits to 18t - all were white with blue roofs - again unmarked.

The unit was down a short dead end tucked away.

Sorry a bit off topic I know.

Unless it is a secure load I don’t see how they can enforce it in any way. Unless it’s pre planned and you have agreed to this before you set off. At the end of the day if you need to stop then you need to stop.

There are a few services I would do my best to avoid though to be honest.

I think the longest runs we had were Exeter and Southampton and both had Own Depot breaks built in, but they were not needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk