Nightheaters.

altitude:

charlie one:

altitude:

Chris Webb:
Err,what’s a night heater? :laughing:

They come in different colours, most of mine have been blonde. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Never mind the colour of their hair.As long as they are big and cuddly is the most important factor.Regards Charlie. :laughing: :laughing:

Your right there Charlie :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A bit like a sleeping bag. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

fred kelly:
i got my thermex heater in france back in 1983 on the n59 the garage at the st marie tunnell put the six batterys in the tube the little funnell to put
the thermexine in the tank
before going to bed put your kettle on top and it would only need a quick go on the gas stove in the morning for youre tea and wash then i used it in my new life
after packing the driving in back in 1992 managed to buy a few boxes of thermex from a company in hemel hempstead called red cat heaters and the heater came back out and kept me warm
when sitting in the car all night doing security and prepping streets for film shoots i just wonder though was them fumes healthy
and just last week i fitted a eberspacher in my land cruiser to cut down the cost of idling engine to keep warm

I had one of them Red Cat heaters in a 1632 Merc, it kicked out enough heat but it didn’t smell too healthy, I can’t say I was a fan of them at all, better than freezing your ■■■■ off, but only just :wink:

charlie one:

altitude:

Chris Webb:
Err,what’s a night heater? :laughing:

They come in different colours, most of mine have been blonde. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Never mind the colour of their hair.As long as they are big and cuddly is the most important factor.Regards Charlie. :laughing: :laughing:

Must have big thighs to keep your ears warm!

When I first started m/e in '75 with a new F88,like most bosses,Mr Carman thought night heaters and a/c were OTT,and not really needed.But I must say that when I got my next new motor,a Transcon,12 months later,that had both,but were retrofitted and were not the best.The a/c was one of those roof mounted jobs and because of the soft cab suspension,the pipes were for ever chafing through and losing all the gas.
Anyone who drove a Transcon will know,the cab insulation was not up to much and could be very cold at night.
The night heater was good in as much as it heated the engine coolant and put the cab fan on.Great at starting on the coldest morning with a warm engine,but there was no temperature control on the cab heater,you had to adjust the opening of the vents to set the air flow which was a bit hit and miss.

The boss I worked for in 1986 started fitted them then. He was a right skinflint and wanted to deduct a £1 from the night out money then to be able to use them. :unamused: :laughing:

DAFMAD:
The boss I worked for in 1986 started fitted them then. He was a right skinflint and wanted to deduct a £1 from the night out money then to be able to use them. :unamused: :laughing:

did he not take in to account the 3 gallons of fuel the engine would burn idling all night to keep the cab warm.

DAFMAD:

Now I wonder why I never thought of that weeze !! and Carryfast calls me a bad Guvnor !! Bewick.

about 10-12 years ago I parked up at prestatyn after tipping quick-save. ( no it wasn’t me who decked that woman) filled bottle with water to heat up on night heater so I could get wash. walked up shop, met mate of mine, went to pub, came back closing time, bottle melted and not a drop of water to be seen :stuck_out_tongue:

I always thought it was the woman who decked a driver, for whistling at her… she really was a class act… (NOT)
jerry

jimmy m:
about 10-12 years ago I parked up at prestatyn after tipping quick-save. ( no it wasn’t me who decked that woman) filled bottle with water to heat up on night heater so I could get wash. walked up shop, met mate of mine, went to pub, came back closing time, bottle melted and not a drop of water to be seen :stuck_out_tongue:

don’t know mate, but they reckoned she was a right ■■■■■ and some driver decked her

My first night heater was in 1986 in a DAF 3300

night heaters, for gods sake lads you will be wanting power steering next :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i think some irish guy took a dislike to her attitute and gave her a glesga kiss :smiling_imp: :neutral_face: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

jimmy m:
i think some irish guy took a dislike to her attitute and gave her a glesga kiss :smiling_imp: :neutral_face: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Well she certainly had an attitude… but most of the kwik save staff did… Tipton, Newport, Prestatyn, Ashton in makerfield, Sherburn, all places I’d rather forget… sorry to have wandered off thread… jerry

jimmy m:
night heaters, for gods sake lads you will be wanting power steering next :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

And Windscreens !!!

Bewick:

jimmy m:

And Windscreens !!!

And two wipers!! :laughing: (If thas got a windscreen).

dont tell anyone, but how much do you want for your coat?

Night Heaters! What a bunch a nancy`s yer are, yerl be asking for gloves, seats and lecky blankets with tea in bed soon.
Are yer all going soft. Done more miles bowling spare wheels off. 3piece-wheel

Bewick:
Scania stopped fitting Eberspatcher and fitted the heater behind the bumper N/S and they were crap !! very vulnerable to damage ! then they reverted to back in the cab if I remember ! Cheers Bewick.

Our ‘F’ reg Scanias came home with these Webasto types fitted behind the nearside bumper. This type warmed the water in the block,Most of them packed up, but mine never let me down in two winters. I think the main problem was that drivers didnt set the vents and switches in the right position before use. The truck went in for a service one weekend and it came back with a Eberspacher fitted.
I had a catalytic gas heater fitted to an ERF B series once, as said before, loads of condensation and I was always nervous of fire. Drinking water remained frozen in the footwell while the paint was bubbling on the cab roof!

back in the late sixties,one of the blokes i worked with used to carry a small parraffin greenhouse heater! one trip together to markinch,i stayed in digs in crawford,and he cabbed it,when he came in for breakfast in the morning he was blacker than my tyres! lucky he never bloody killed his-self!! :unamused: