Night out payments

robroy:

Roverman:
Sometimes you’ve no choice through running out of time due to unforseen circumstances etc., or even worse if your company doesn’t (of which there are many!) pay parking.
Plus, there’s not enough room in the current truck stops so the laybys would be full anyway!

I know what you mean I’ve had to resort to them myself, but I can count on one hand wnd still have some fingers left how many times in last couple or so years.
You don’t always have to pay for parking either 8f you get to know the right places near to facilities that are relatively safe.
It’s the guys that lay bying it as a first option I’m on about.
Personally I couldn’t give a twopenny [zb] where these guys park, I just think it’s a bit pathetic taking a third class park facility as a first option,.and as long as many drivers just settle for it and say nothing, the dire parking situation will never change, because apart from drivers such as myself nobody else in any other walk of life gives a [zb] end of… :bulb:

We’re singing from the same hymn sheet mate [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

robroy:

Dipper_Dave:
But none of that is important I’m more interested in what chloelovesfur charges.

I think that he pays you Dave. :smiley:

15966207_10155743772591038_3310121740282474667_n.jpg

AA Recovery on the odd occasion that a night out is required hotel & meal payed for no night out payment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I do find annoying is when you actually analyse it. The tramping makes the vehicle more cost-effective. Allowing the employer to save fuel costs and increase working day.

Let’s just say in a perfect world every driver had to come home each night can you imagine the costs involved.

We are the mugs to agree to it. Currently just done six months with no nights out. I feel better and have more family time. I don’t think I will return to it.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

P Stoff:
What I do find annoying is when you actually analyse it. The tramping makes the vehicle more cost-effective. Allowing the employer to save fuel costs and increase working day.

Let’s just say in a perfect world every driver had to come home each night can you imagine the costs involved.

The overall economic costs would be relatively modest, because there would just be more hubs, and better planning.

Trampers only seem efficient in a disorganised market which doesn’t have the scale and high-level organisation necessary to make a system of national hubs work (indeed market competition creates competition for hub locations, and therefore drives up the price of commercial property and prevents separately-owned hub locations being organised efficiently), and a weak labour market where workers will sell away their social time with their families and friends for £20 a night.

Come over here, I have only heard of one company that pays night out money or layover pay as it is called here. I spend 3 or 4 nights a week in my cab and get sweet fa.

Pat Hasler:
Come over here, I have only heard of one company that pays night out money or layover pay as it is called here. I spend 3 or 4 nights a week in my cab and get sweet fa.

Wrong side of the border then Pat . We get per dium (?) for end of year returns ,$17.50 x3 per day tax rebate for every day spent away from base.Then the company gives us 31.50 per night , but being a law abiding citizen I deduct that amount from my claim ,none too shabby for the frozen North .

Redneck internet double dose

P Stoff:

We are the mugs to agree to it. Currently just done six months with no nights out. I feel better and have more family time. I don’t think I will return to it.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

For small company tramping good but for big not all the time.For example NFT have no tramping job.All truck work in 2 shift and make much more load movement that tramping .When driver sleep in truck that truck not earn money.