Night closures

Is there a web site showing road closures. I have to get from Spalding to Cranleigh in the morning for 7.30am

midlifetrucker:
Is there a web site showing road closures. I have to get from Spalding to Cranleigh in the morning for 7.30am

Highways agency have a website and an app that shows road closures and delays

Cheers will have a look

Contraflows are a thing of the past but used to work very well, as did leaving one lane open.
My route the other week was Wakefield to Hams hall to Wednesbury to Manchester.

A42 closed so used A38. M6 closed between J5 and 6, so of at 5 and up A38 to rejoin at J6. No warning of this. M6 then closed at J10, diverted my own route o0nly to find J11 closed without warning so had to back road it up to J12.

PRICELESS!

Had a look for apps most seem crap. Can anyone recommend one they use please. I’m on android.

When the m6 is closed why can’t we use the toll road free of charge to stop half of Birmingham being gridlocked ?

Rhythm Thief:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Just took me the best part of an hour to get from junc 13 to junc 12 on the M6 southbound all because of roadworks (well I say roadworks no one was working on them) and junc 12 exit was closed and what do they do? Put it down to one lane :unamused: There was no [zb] working on the roadworks FFS! :imp:

I was stuck in that too, not for an hour though.

The football traffic coming from Old Trafford didn’t help. What I don’t understand is why they decided to close 2 of the lanes where there had junc 12 shut as there was no one working at all and surely just one of those steel barriers all across the slip road exit with cones and flashing amber lights would be more than enough.
They have it going down to one lane on some of the roadworks on the M1 Northbound but at least they’ve got lads working on them most nights.

ac1:
When the m6 is closed why can’t we use the toll road free of charge to stop half of Birmingham being gridlocked ?

That’s not how capitalism works. If anything, when the M6 is closed the tolls should go up. :laughing:

Rhythm Thief:

ac1:

That’s not how capitalism works. If anything, when the M6 is closed the tolls should go up. :laughing:

Still no use if they’re jiggering about with the M40. But I agree with you, would have been a massive help while the M5-M42 works were going on.

But the M6 Toll is not a road, it’s a business. It runs - like all businesses - with the primary intention of making a profit. Why would they open it up for free when the M6/M42/M40 etc. is closed?

I’m not sure how good this is: trafficengland.com/disruptio … ct=true#ds

M40 nb at j15 had been shut overnight for 4 weeks, prior to them swapping sides, and on my way up last night I noticed the signs are out again of another impending closure on the same stretch for about one wk…what exactly have they gotta do that couldn’t have been done when it was on a full closure? And surely to ■■■■■ they could leave one lane open at night…I came back down through Knowle early hours of this morning, just so the noisy, rattley trailer I had on would wake the residents and hopefully, they’ll complain to the authorities about the noise of the big, nasty trucks (after all, that’s the official diversion) and they will rethink about full closures in the future!! I’ll be glad to see the back of anywhere North of Oxford soon, when I’ll be heading West at night…not as many roads to close between base and Caldicott!

And the 34nb looks like it will be shut around Botley up to Peartree on the 8th (and vice versa)…that’ll be about the 15th then but I’ll have a look at the dates later and report back tomorrow!

Absolutely sick to the back teeth of all the closures at the moment. I go from Lancashire to Farnborough then back to Lancashire every night and have 10hrs to do the job, what used to be a breeze 6 months ago has turned into a nightly farce. I try to plan as much as possible using the Highways Agency disruptions database but they seem to enjoy throwing frequent slip road closures into the equation that aren’t on the database. Used to go down the M6, M42, M40, A404 and M4, but every night the top section of the M40 near Warwick is closed, then the A404 is closed between the the M40 and M4. Can’t go down the M6, M1 & M25 as the bottom end of the M6 has been closed J2-1 and the M1 has had closures between 18-16. Then coming back north the slip road from the M3 to the M25 north is closed every night, M6 is of course closed J14-15, then I note that tonight the slip from the M6 north to the M62 eastbound at J21A is closed. All of these small closures added up mean that the job is taking about 30 mins each way longer than it did 6 months ago. I’ve started going down the M5 and A419 past Swindon instead, but this is longer and the boss wants to know why the MPG’s have fallen through the floor as I’m having to floor it to do it within the hours now as this is a longer route.

Lol gonna be more night closures…on a66 get that portakabin off field west bound n a1 just before jct61 get that jt leyland wagon out of field,turned off bit early for jct?

I’d love to know why some of these roadworks take so long as well. M25 through Clacketts Lane for example? Only the last month or so I’ve actually seen people working in the roadworks. I’ve headed for Dover and passed mile after mile of cones day or night and not seen one soul working there until recently… and that’s as a tramper not night trunker. It’s a joke !!!

Good news tho…M40 s/b was open last night!!

Actrosman:

But closed elsewhere tonight.

Darby Flyer:

NewLad:
Another one, was on the way to Weston Super Mare, traveling down the A46 southbound from Grantham, got to the A605 junction and got diverted off, joined up with the A52, and diverted all the way to Jc 25 of the M1 because the A453 is shut at night, which added loads of time onto the journey meaning I couldn’t get to my delivery in one hit.

That diversion from the A46 should have been A46 → A606 to Melton Mowbray then the A607 toward Leicester, bring you back into the A46 at East Goscote, just before the big roundabout at Thurmaston.

Your correct it was 606,607 I’d have done well to get on the 605 from there lol

ezydriver:

Actrosman:

But closed elsewhere tonight.

Ya gotta laugh…why does that warrant a full closure? So they can park the tea van in the middle and they all gather around it instead of walking 100yds back up the road and leaving 1 lane or h/s open or the authorities secretly come on here and read about us moaning :laughing: . They must pish 'emselves!! Thankfully, I’m Sunday-Thursday so won’t be costing my company anymore in wasted fuel and the ‘odd’ hour of o/t ‘cuz the diversion was rammed’…'onest guv!! Me getting back late also makes the day driver late so he gets o/t as well…must be costing the industry a mint!

M40 was open all the way down, they were working on the central barrier with just the outside lanes closed off each way, as you would expect them to.