Nicholls Sittingbourne

So i take it Firmins are better then■■? :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

If you look at the streetview - NEITHER yard has been built yet…

Where Nicholls yard is now…

Where Firmins yard is now…

Swivel right from above photo - Morrisons and Knauf in the distance.

Winseer:
The drivers at the Firmin hatch all seem happy enough, laughing and joking away when there’s a few of them in there at once. Nice clean drivers area too. A lot of shuttle work to DSsmith across the road, and Knauf plasterboard across the roundabout as well. ‘Across the roundabout’ can also be found a large Morrisons depot as well, and you’ll be given a decent tractor to pull their trailers with over there, which is better than the Morrisons own ones, which on the whole, seem to be day cabs… Nights is good, 'cos you don’t get sent into London on nights from my experience.

Are you scared to drive in London?

Winseer:
If you look at the streetview - NEITHER yard has been built yet…

Where Nicholls yard is now…

Where Firmins yard is now…

Swivel right from above photo - Morrisons and Knauf in the distance.

The view may well be similar again in a few years time since Morrison’s, Firmin’s and Nicholl’s are all experiencing the same problem… their new yards and buildings are sinking into the marsh.

Yard is meant to be getting redone this year.ripped up and concreted.has been delayed due to legal matters with contractors who built it.and has been in the hands of the legal bods.

Seany:

Winseer:
The drivers at the Firmin hatch all seem happy enough, laughing and joking away when there’s a few of them in there at once. Nice clean drivers area too. A lot of shuttle work to DSsmith across the road, and Knauf plasterboard across the roundabout as well. ‘Across the roundabout’ can also be found a large Morrisons depot as well, and you’ll be given a decent tractor to pull their trailers with over there, which is better than the Morrisons own ones, which on the whole, seem to be day cabs… Nights is good, 'cos you don’t get sent into London on nights from my experience.

Are you scared to drive in London?

…not at all. I did it on rigids throughout the 90’s. I just don’t like the policy of “if you drive down a road inadvertently restricted - you pay the fine”.

Last trip for morrisons I did involved be dropping to Holloway road, to face a one way system and a road-worked blocked right turn so I was forced down a 7.5t street with no where else to go.
Never heard anything back, but things like this worry me for weeks afterwoulds, and to be honest, I don’t want this crap niggling at me at my age.
You don’t get any extra for going INTO London like you might get for working from a yard inside London - so why bother?

Outer London on the other hand, is fine, and I’m back on that as of next week. :wink: