Nice capture at the port of Dieppe

milodon:
I know plenty of drivers who’ve had problems with clandestines, mostly in connection with the Greek Superfast ferries. They’ve had them in, on and under the trailers. Nobody got paid to have them there but how can one prove one’s innocence? Please tell, I’d really like to know.

It’s absurd to compare the illegals with stolen goods on the trailer. Stolen goods don’t try to get into your trailer themselves, or do they? Just trying to understand the mindset here.

If they find a kilo of cocaine inside a pallet you have on the trailer, are you automatically guilty of smuggling? Here’s hoping for a good answer from the holier-than-though crowd.

Eff all to do with holier than thou crowd, fact, there are drivers who take money to smuggle whether it is drugs or people. As I said if you have a box or fridge on and it is locked and sealed at the point of loading chances are if illegals have then entered the trailer,the driver knew something about it as Franglais said the point of the arrest is to question the driver charges may or may not then follow depending on the circumstances. Didn’t see to much sympathy for Limey Phil on here when he got banged up, someone’s nationality has eff all to do with whether they are a criminal or not a criminal is just that regardless. I also said what UK customs state about drivers taking due care to prevent illegals and in the real world this is not always possible but drivers do not help themselves by parking in areas renown for illegals entering trailers if you have some on board when stopped in Calais and then say “Well I took my 9 off just round the corner” it is highly likely that the fine will stick. I had an illegal pulled from under my trailer in Calais Port the fact that my tacho showed I had not stopped since Paris and he was bone dry when it was ■■■■■■■ it down backed up my argument that he must have climbed under there while I was in the lanes waiting to get on the ferry and the Border Agency agreed and no action was taken so it is not a given that you will be fined however should it be shown that you have taken no precautions then you will be fined.

Mazzer2:

milodon:
I know plenty of drivers who’ve had problems with clandestines, mostly in connection with the Greek Superfast ferries. They’ve had them in, on and under the trailers. Nobody got paid to have them there but how can one prove one’s innocence? Please tell, I’d really like to know.

It’s absurd to compare the illegals with stolen goods on the trailer. Stolen goods don’t try to get into your trailer themselves, or do they? Just trying to understand the mindset here.

If they find a kilo of cocaine inside a pallet you have on the trailer, are you automatically guilty of smuggling? Here’s hoping for a good answer from the holier-than-though crowd.

Eff all to do with holier than thou crowd, fact, there are drivers who take money to smuggle whether it is drugs or people. As I said if you have a box or fridge on and it is locked and sealed at the point of loading chances are if illegals have then entered the trailer,the driver knew something about it as Franglais said the point of the arrest is to question the driver charges may or may not then follow depending on the circumstances. Didn’t see to much sympathy for Limey Phil on here when he got banged up, someone’s nationality has eff all to do with whether they are a criminal or not a criminal is just that regardless. I also said what UK customs state about drivers taking due care to prevent illegals and in the real world this is not always possible but drivers do not help themselves by parking in areas renown for illegals entering trailers if you have some on board when stopped in Calais and then say “Well I took my 9 off just round the corner” it is highly likely that the fine will stick. I had an illegal pulled from under my trailer in Calais Port the fact that my tacho showed I had not stopped since Paris and he was bone dry when it was ■■■■■■■ it down backed up my argument that he must have climbed under there while I was in the lanes waiting to get on the ferry and the Border Agency agreed and no action was taken so it is not a given that you will be fined however should it be shown that you have taken no precautions then you will be fined.

100% with you there Mazzer.
Few weeks back at Ouistreham there was a Spanish FRIDGE , locks on doors etc., security opened up the doors and 10 popped out !!! Driver told the gendarmes when they turned up, that he hadn’t stopped since his overnight break in the services at le Man !!■■

Go figure !!

pierrot 14:

Mazzer2:

milodon:

100% with you there Mazzer.
Few weeks back at Ouistreham there was a Spanish FRIDGE , locks on doors etc., security opened up the doors and 10 popped out !!! Driver told the gendarmes when they turned up, that he hadn’t stopped since his overnight break in the services at le Man !!■■

Go figure !!

Careful. Those people smugglers are clever. Fridges are not invulnerable. More secure than tauts of course but not perfect.
Le Mans services definately not safe for UK reg trucks overnight.
I’ll PM you.

Well there’s no chance that the spaniard was lying now is there?

milodon:
Well there’s no chance that the spaniard was lying now is there?

I wonder if the authorities have some way to determine whether a truck is moving or stationary at any time?

So what does that have to do with anything?

milodon:
So what does that have to do with anything?

To find out whether any drivers are, as you say, lying about whether they stop or night-out near ports.

OwenMoney:
Inhumane conditions…

What are they talking about ?

They hadn’t even boarded !!!

It’s not as bad as the Gaby Weir, but not by much.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Franglais:
To find out whether any drivers are, as you say, lying about whether they stop or night-out near ports.

So the guilt/innocence of a driver is dependent on whether they stopped in the vicinity of the portor not? My these crimes are solved easily nowadays.

milodon:

Franglais:

So the guilt/innocence of a driver is dependent on whether they stopped in the vicinity of the portor not? My these crimes are solved easily nowadays.

Not sure what you’re trying to get at, you have people who regularly using the Channel ports telling you how it is and how you can avoid getting fined, if you want to collect fines then park in the vicinity of the port get a couple of stowaways on board then don’t be surprised when you get fined or plan the journey arrive with no illegals and don’t get fined easy enough. I have no idea how it works in Greece as I don’t go there but would take your word as to what happens down there as I know no different, you don’t do the channel ports yet seem unable to grasp the situation there, whether we think it is right or not is irrelevant that is the way it is and the fines were brought in because drivers were taking money for bringing people in and making no effort to prevent them getting in. As with most things haulage a minority have effed it up for the rest of us.

Well I find it peculiar that some drivers themselves think it’s ok, that the responsibility of finding the immigrants is left to the drivers. In todays western Europe. Whereas watching this clip: "Pealtnägija": kümned Eesti veoautojuhid on enesele teadmata immigrante Inglismaale smugeldanud | Eesti | ERR (good enough for footage, unfortunately in estonian) the hefty young guy talks about how he loaded in eastern France, slept some hundred miles from Calais but still took three underage immigrants to the UK. Mind you he wasn’t caught or anything but he reckons the “cargo” was put on the trailer in the loading place, by looking at the mess they left behind.

Nice victim-mentality at play here.

link doesn’t work, and what exsctly is your point :exclamation:

milodon:
Well I find it peculiar that some drivers themselves think it’s ok, that the responsibility of finding the immigrants is left to the drivers. In todays western Europe. Whereas watching this clip: "Pealtnägija": kümned Eesti veoautojuhid on enesele teadmata immigrante Inglismaale smugeldanud | Eesti | ERR (good enough for footage, unfortunately in estonian) the hefty young guy talks about how he loaded in eastern France, slept some hundred miles from Calais but still took three underage immigrants to the UK. Mind you he wasn’t caught or anything but he reckons the “cargo” was put on the trailer in the loading place, by looking at the mess they left behind.

Nice victim-mentality at play here.

I don’t think you’ve understood a word of what has been said, we have said the system is not perfect but as a driver you have to take precautions in the case you’ve just quoted if the evidence stacks up then the driver will not be fined I’ll say this again IF YOU PARK UP SOMEWHERE WHERE IT IS KNOWN THAT IMMIGRANTS GET ON BOARD I.E CALAIS THEN IF YOU HAVE SOME ON BOARD YOU WILL GET FINED. The fines were brought in because drivers were accepting money to bring in illegals and it was brought in long before EE drivers were using Calais in the numbers that they are today so it has nothing to do with victimising EE drivers which I think was your initial argument

The case I brought up didn’t go through any authorities, the illegals were discovered while unloading in the UK.

I definitely understand the wording, but not the mentality. A few and far between earn by hauling the clandestines so everyone who is unlucky enough to have them cut their way into a trailer must pay? Why yes sir, isn’t it convenient I’m on my knees already.

milodon:
The case I brought up didn’t go through any authorities, the illegals were discovered while unloading in the UK.

I definitely understand the wording, but not the mentality. A few and far between earn by hauling the clandestines so everyone who is unlucky enough to have them cut their way into a trailer must pay? Why yes sir, isn’t it convenient I’m on my knees already.

Then come up with a better solution

Look, I used to like parking up by myself in nice quiet spots. But unfortunately there are some thieving people out there. So I have to choose more secure and less quiet spots to ensure the load is secure. I also need my boss to buy strong padlocks. The thieves aren’t my fault but I need to take account of them.
If my cargo is nicked, that doesn’t mean I’m a thief. But if I’ve parked somewhere dark with open doors, am I being a good, competent driver? I say not.
Same with clandestine. Having them in the trailer doesn’t automatically mean you are guilty of people smuggling and are going to jail. But it does mean you will be investigated.
As Mazzer says, it is not a perfect world, nor a perfect system, but it is what we have.

The strongest proponents for the status quo pull a box, I gather?

The two situations are not comparable. If you don’t make a habit out of parking next to every gypsy camp ever, you will not have the same problem with theft, as you would have with clandestines trying to get into your trailer even while in the bloody lanes queueing to board!

And for theft there is insurance, the company or the driver don’t face a big financial loss.

Whereas in this situation, the inability of the french to police their own territory means the responsibility is shifted to the weakest link. And it seems that there’s nothing wrong with that, as some of the folk affected seem to cheer on. I’m alright Jack isn’t it?

milodon:
The strongest proponents for the status quo pull a box, I gather?

The two situations are not comparable. If you don’t make a habit out of parking next to every gypsy camp ever, you will not have the same problem with theft, as you would have with clandestines trying to get into your trailer even while in the bloody lanes queueing to board!

And for theft there is insurance, the company or the driver don’t face a big financial loss.

Whereas in this situation, the inability of the french to police their own territory means the responsibility is shifted to the weakest link. And it seems that there’s nothing wrong with that, as some of the folk affected seem to cheer on. I’m alright Jack isn’t it?

For what it’s worth, I normally pull a tautliner on cross channel work.
Goods in transit are not stolen by any one group, as you may be suggesting.
Since this section of the discussion seemed to start with you taking offence at what you perceived (I think wrongly) to be a racial slur, maybe a bit of self reflection is called for?

Nice sideline there, enjoy your clandestine-situation/Stockholm syndrome then.

milodon:
Nice sideline there, enjoy your clandestine-situation/Stockholm syndrome then.

Yes it would be much better if there were no illegals in the whole of Europe then we wouldn’t be bothered by them, but all you pro Europe people wanted open borders and the results are plain to see once you get into the soft southern underside of Europe you are now free to roam unhindered throughout the continent and do as you please.

There has to be deterrent otherwise what is there to stop a driver pulling in at Pidous gathering up 20 illegals and for a nominal fee bringing them across. Find it a bit rich that someone from Sweden lectures us about immigrants and Stockholm syndrome whilst I don’t believe all that I read about the immigrant situation in Sweden it is clear that there have been some considerable changes and generally not for the better whilst all the Swedes have just stood by and let it happen and have a government so scared of the figures that they refuse to record the nationality of those committing the crimes