New/Used Contract Hire deals

Stanley Mitchell:

chaversdad:
Anyone had a price on a new High T yet?

I had narrowed it down to Man or Daf but then i saw a high cab T the other day and it did look impressive all colour coded

I`ve been quoted £92750.00 for a 520 6x2, all singing, all the bells :open_mouth:

Or

£440.00 a month full contract hire over 5 years, covers everything apart from the tyres :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

440 a month ? That sounds way too cheap

chaversdad:

Stanley Mitchell:

chaversdad:

I had narrowed it down to Man or Daf but then i saw a high cab T the other day and it did look impressive all colour coded

I`ve been quoted £92750.00 for a 520 6x2, all singing, all the bells :open_mouth:

Or

£440.00 a month full contract hire over 5 years, covers everything apart from the tyres :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

440 a month ? That sounds way too cheap

Must be a month was quoted £420 week for a full spec LHD 4x2 in 2014.

Hi there can any of you guys tell me that are running their trucks on rural roads 90% of the time get on mpg , as most of our work is and we are averaging 6.8mpg on a mixed fleet at 40 ton and less I sometimes think there is better to be had , although it’s nice to see guys posting 9 /10 /11 mpg I’m sure a lot of motorway running is involved , I’m looking an opinion on work similar to mine .

chipliner:
Hi there can any of you guys tell me that are running their trucks on rural roads 90% of the time get on mpg , as most of our work is and we are averaging 6.8mpg on a mixed fleet at 40 ton and less I sometimes think there is better to be had , although it’s nice to see guys posting 9 /10 /11 mpg I’m sure a lot of motorway running is involved , I’m looking an opinion on work similar to mine .

Can`t help really, as we are 90% motorway, but when we do go “rural”…the fuel returns are Tommy Tank :imp:

Fully loaded from Carlisle to Perth i get about 8-9 mpg
From Perth to Wick i average 6-7 mpg

chipliner:

44t Cross country north wales, 6 mpg av full one way empty back.

Spoke to a lad operating a new Gen Scania V8 520 - getting around 7.5 same work.

chipliner:

57 plate FH 480, can just about keep it in the 7s, bathtub bulker, empty 15t one way 44t on the way back, very hilly a + b roads, villages etc, motorway for 1 junction

Thanks for the replies guys , I’m in the ball park then on 7-7.5mpg hardly any motorways mainly a-b roads .
Sorry to the o.p. for high jacking your thread .
We have two Renault premiums due for replacement soon , Renault salesman reckons I should see a big difference if I go to the Renault t range as the premiums are lagging behind the rest of the fleet in mpg, ( they all say that don’t they )
1 in particular hardly making 7mpg more usually 6.8 mpg

R480 Scania (2013), always loaded to the max+ one way, lighter loaded in other direction.
Very steep territory, almost no motorway. Average over the last 80,000 k 6.86. and not a lively performer at all.
As another poster has said, have heard good things about the 520/580s, but until you run them on your own operation, you’ll never really know

chaversdad:

1st RHD tag T High in UK. Going to be at Truckfest Scotland at the weekend on Renault stand.
Tidy !!!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Thats what i meant, get rid of all the grey plastic and it looks a different truck, got to say im surprised Beedies have took one, thought they were an all Swedish high horses outfit, saying that he has just sold his Iron Man 750

chaversdad:
Thats what i meant, get rid of all the grey plastic and it looks a different truck, got to say im surprised Beedies have took one, thought they were an all Swedish high horses outfit, saying that he has just sold his Iron Man 750

Apparently, the Renault dealer is only down the road, whereas the Volvo dealer is a fair distance away, or something like that…

Thats the script I heard, and I dont think they would have gone to renault if they were offering a premium as a carrot :open_mouth:

Stanley Mitchell:

chaversdad:

Apparently, the Renault dealer is only down the road, whereas the Volvo dealer is a fair distance away, or something like that…

Thats the script I heard, and I dont think they would have gone to renault if they were offering a premium as a carrot :open_mouth:

All Volvo for years except a sole Scania they tried. Iron Man was actually a 650 not 750 as most think. They used to buy used, ex Stobart kinda thing, then new but like all businesses they’ll be looking at whole life cost. How much less for a 520 Renault than a 540 Volvo?

I could be wrong but I suspect Renault may have offered “terms” to some high profile customers, Beedie, SNT etc to raise the Renault profile from fleet truck level.

Munchkin:

Stanley Mitchell:

chaversdad:

All Volvo for years except a sole Scania they tried. Iron Man was actually a 650 not 750 as most think. They used to buy used, ex Stobart kinda thing, then new but like all businesses they’ll be looking at whole life cost. How much less for a 520 Renault than a 540 Volvo?

I could be wrong but I suspect Renault may have offered “terms” to some high profile customers, Beedie, SNT etc to raise the Renault profile from fleet truck level.

Very good terms, especially if its a “conquest” deal like the Beddie one…

And it is a conquest, as Renault and Volvo have split their truck sales operation…

The Renault dealer is 15 miles away in Peterhead, compared with the Volvo dealer in Aberdeen…

I suppose its taken a flagship model like the T-Range High to turn their heads :wink:

Chipliner
On your operation , I think driver input far out ways base truck. That said treat better performing drivers provided top fuel performing kit should be a good mix.
Obviously no guarantees [emoji56]

All be aware though, that all truck “ computer “ mpgs are a lie !
Always 1/2 to 1 mpg better than actual.
Strangely in 15 years and many manufacturers never said WORSE than actual [emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk