New trucker apology

Mike-C:
, i never been hurt by anyone beeping or flashing at me neither!!

No, obviously not. Somebody else may get hurt by your irresponsible actions though. I just hope its none of my family, or yours.

ezydriver:

Mike-C:
, i never been hurt by anyone beeping or flashing at me neither!!

No, obviously not. Somebody else may get hurt by your irresponsible actions though. I just hope its none of my family, or yours.

I’ve never hurt anyone in my truck, i’m always alert because i take my WTD breaks regularly to help me stay on the ball!

Theres a first time for everything pal.

Thanks for the welcome people - and an insight into how driving amongst unknowing car pilots makes you react!

ezydriver:
Theres a first time for everything pal.

Aye, and there’s a first time for people being able to take a joke as well. :wink:

Welcome to TruckNet UK, ezydriver. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think every car driver should have a few hours training/experience in a HGV and also on a motorbike to see how if feels from the other side.
I am sure it would be an eye opener and a wake up call for most of them - may even save a few lives along the way too.
…and as for indicating and just going for it… isn’t that what gave bus drivers such a bad name■■?

Mothertrucker:
I think every car driver should have a few hours training/experience in a HGV and also on a motorbike to see how if feels from the other side.
I am sure it would be an eye opener and a wake up call for most of them - may even save a few lives along the way too.
…and as for indicating and just going for it… isn’t that what gave bus drivers such a bad name■■?

AFAIK you are meant to give way to buses. Whilst there may of been some joke in my reply i am what has been a progresive driver. But it is commonplace now when you indicate for people to try to stop you coming out. The same mind set as “taxis always pull up at the last minute without warning” and then people who know this still drive up their arse and then whinge.

I gave a driver a little help with his driving today.

I was coming back from Birmingham on the bike and dropped in to Tamworth and onto the A38. As I came up to the cafe this non HGV tried to take me out totally unaware of what was around him. He pulled straight out with no signals or even a glance in the mirror. I managed to brake hard and dive toward the centre barrier

I pulled into the services in Willington for some fuel and as I was having a smoke this truck pulled in.

I was parked near the fuel pump and as I walked back to my bike, he said OK Mate. I told him that he must have a bulb out on his truck.

“How do you know that he said” Because your indicators either dont work or you dont look in your ZB mirrors you ZB :stuck_out_tongue:

I was still smiling as I left him stuttering an apology.

It scared me at the time but the nicotine had calmed me down