New tramping job

Harry Monk:
I’ve driven several, and they’re a very good truck BUT be warned that they have a nasty habit of locking the driver’s door on their own so don’t ever shut the door unless you have the keys in your pocket.

now you tell me

chaversdad:
whats the new job involve then (apart from driving) i,m really just being nosey and trying to work out who your going on for :wink:

Well they’re a relatively small firm but quite well known. A lot of ADR work, farm deliveries etc. (Fertilizer products). :slight_smile:

Cheers for the hints/tips on the Volvo front guys. :sunglasses:

Quinny:
If your fully loaded and come to a hill, push the power button at the back of the gearstick, and the engine will rev a bit harder, and change gear quicker. You will know by the P on the dash display if you have gears selected as one of your 3 favourites on the display.

Ken.

Or if like a few companies i know whos drivers mpg were
Dropping for using it to mych they had them disabled
The light still comes on

Best thing when trucks plugged in most the drivers still using it
As shows up but dont realuse its disabled

Harry Monk:
I’ve driven several, and they’re a very good truck BUT be warned that they have a nasty habit of locking the driver’s door on their own so don’t ever shut the door unless you have the keys in your pocket.

TRUE!!

At Maritime, we were warned about Scania’s doing that, so always took the fob off.

I was in a Volvo 1 day and went into a yard to have a box turned 'round, and the lifter was waiting, so when I went in, he beeped, I dived out to do the twist locks and the wind shut the door.
Engine running, lights on, keys in ignition, door locked :blush: :blush: :blush:

If its an auto it could be similar to the bmw gearbox…beware !
youtube.com/watch?v=v9t3XBX … ata_player

Harry Monk:

That happened to me once,6 am outside a newsagents in Northwich . . . nipped in for a packet of ■■■■.
Was an F7 that had them there little tabs in the door,like a child lock.
Borrowed a screwdriver . . popped the sleeper window out - hey presto back in the motor :stuck_out_tongue:

sime17:

wheelnutt:

Quinny:
They’re posh Renaults.

Ken.

…Unlike Scania which is owned by MAN and VW and only update their truck every 20 years and uses leftover crap parts from MAN …

Scania using MAN leftover parts? Really? I can’t think of a single component they share. Unless it’s something really generic like mudguards/rear lights? Certainly no engine/gearbox/rear axles/cab pressings/cab fittings+fixtures.

I notice with bemusement there’s a lot of Scania-knocking on here. Admittedly I haven’t driven one for five years or so but I’ve always found them to be as nice to drive and live in as anything else. Maybe not deserving of the adulation some give them but certainly not of the vitriolic criticism they get. Mercs on the other hand - hugely overated IMHO… :slight_smile:

They still don’t share a single part with MAN. BUT they do use the same EBS/suspension system as Merc with that beautiful live scale, axle pressure removal system.

Be aware if you driven Scania and going in to Volvo that the cab is small, the smallest on the market. Even with the newest version. A lot of stupid design built as cheap as possible. Freezing cold in the winter, crapy heater. Watch out so you don’t smash the your forehead in the front screen.
Amazingly with the Fh v4 they finally made a steering wheel that tilt down so you don’t have to drive it anymore like a harvester.

I’m getting so tired in the guys over here not able to see anything objective way. Why should he use the Power mode in I-shift? the only thing that does is use more fuel and rev the engine for no use at all. Volvo engines are built to pull between 900-1400rpm both D13 and D16

Icee:

sime17:

wheelnutt:

Quinny:
Volvo engines are built to pull between 900-1400rpm both D13 and D16

halfwits over here in England, think flooring the throttle till revs are past the blue into the red makes it change gear quicker! More torque = lower revs! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: especially in a 750! What hill? :sunglasses:

P mode on an I-shift is quite useful. It’ll shift sequentially rather than block shifting and it’ll drop into 1st when stopped, changes are dictated by throttle input, put your foot flat to the floor and it’ll rev it’s ■■■■ off but only stick yer foot 1/3 of the way down and it’ll change up at the top of the green. Eco-roll is deactivated so there’s next to no lag with the engine matching the gearbox rpm whether going uphill or more importantly coming down. It’s to be used sparingly but nonetheless useful, especially when fully freighted on short slip roads and sharp gradient changes.

Don’t pull the veb down beyond the 3 to B position when empty!

I concur about the door :blush: , that’s why I have the fob attached to my belt loop.

Diesel-truckin:

chaversdad:
whats the new job involve then (apart from driving) i,m really just being nosey and trying to work out who your going on for :wink:

Well they’re a relatively small firm but quite well known. A lot of ADR work, farm deliveries etc. (Fertilizer products). :slight_smile:

nope, still cant get it, go on then pm me and put me out of my misery, i cant give you a wave if you i dont know who your on for :smiley:

chaversdad:

Diesel-truckin:

chaversdad:

nope, still cant get it, go on then pm me and put me out of my misery, i cant give you a wave if you i dont know who your on for :smiley:

:laughing: Done