New speed limit in France

Franglais:

pierrot 14:
I would think that the new limit will be massively announced on the TV , in the papers, on overhead gantries near exits, for probably the last 2 or 3 weeks of June, I can’t see the powers that be letting anybody getting away with “Oh I didn’t know”.
I can see lots more demonstrations like those that we have already had with the bikers protesting. Don’t know about Dept24, but on a couple of occasions the Caen ring road was a shut-down as over 2000 bikers remonstrated. That to me really was a bit hypocritical of them I think, they don’t respect the 90kph now, so surely for them, it’ll be carry on as normal :laughing: :laughing: Oh, except where there’s a camera of course :laughing: :laughing:

Could turn out to be as successful as the National Toll System? (Don`t know the correct name, sorry) In that case all the infrastructure was bought and installed before being burnt and abandoned. In this case, nowt is being invested so the Gov can set it up as “a straw man” and not implement it in view of public demand? Or am I a cynic?

No, I think that this will happen

Or perhaps like the ‘carry 2 breathelyser kits’ . Introduced, delayed, can’t make our minds up, re-introduced…but without any penalty. :laughing:

As to massive publicity, overhead gantries at exits are no good if, like me, you rarely use autoroutes, and therefore rarely exit them.

But I will keep a close watch on things and re-set the cruise accordingly. :slight_smile:

Spardo:
Or perhaps like the ‘carry 2 breathelyser kits’ . Introduced, delayed, can’t make our minds up, re-introduced…but without any penalty. :laughing:

As to massive publicity, overhead gantries at exits are no good if, like me, you rarely use autoroutes, and therefore rarely exit them.

But I will keep a close watch on things and re-set the cruise accordingly. :slight_smile:

There’s overheads on National duals aswell Spardo.