New Scania

eagerbeaver:
Told you they are good Maoster :wink:

My S500 at Thompsonā€™s was the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .

So was travelling to Scotland and London as a day manā€¦ :frowning:

You were dead right mate. Which is quite unusual for you! :smiley: :smiley:

Top one could be easing off before the crest of a hill and rolling down the other side, previous generation had it on the driving tips section of the menu.

The Gps will work out if the truck has not been on road before, it sends this information to all the other Scanias, so they are in theory talking to each other.
The main gear box has two little brothers either side, the computer works out when they all synchronize together.

Dimlaith:
Top one could be easing off before the crest of a hill and rolling down the other side, previous generation had it on the driving tips section of the menu.

You could very well be right there mate as when Iā€™ve not been on cruise a couple of times and have done just that it did flash up on the dash. Mostly Iā€™m on cruise and it kills the power before the crest anyway. You just gotta keep an eye on whatā€™s behind as you appear to be slowing for no good reason.

On a separate note I must be easily pleased as Iā€™m impressed that just now when I shut my curtains I noticed that they zip together in the middle of the windscreen and prevent them pesky gaps. Little things make a difference.

Well, thatā€™s what my better half says anyway! :blush:

Iā€™ve never drove the new one but have been driving older version for years and have on more than one occasion been caught out by blind spot , so Iā€™d be careful , not very often but Iā€™ve definitely had occasion where I thought zb hell I didnā€™t pick that up .
As I say older version

Thanks Maoster for that very full reply.

From your description the box has been improved a lot, even the last of the old shapeā€™s boxes iā€™d still be using manual for better control at junctions, the 3 pedal auto i had for a long time i drove in nothing but manual, it would have given arsetronic or mercā€™s equally dismal autos a good run for which was worse :unamused: , however unlike the other two the older Scanny boxes do respond instantly and accurately to manual input :sunglasses:

As for the scoreboard, couldnā€™t give a monkeys what it says, i had some of the best fuel figures in the fleet on the transporters yet never got me fuel bonus because telematics didnā€™t like how i drove :unamused: , not to worry the bloke that sold ā€˜em that crap is no doubt lying on a Barbadosā€™ sunbed, and along with dozens of others like minded souls doubled up with mirth busily regailing stories of flogging utterly useless electronic crap to managers with budgets burning holes in their pockets, all quaffing drinkies served by dusky maidens :laughing:

And now for the massive minus pointā€¦ The bloody Godawful Stoneridge Tacho. :imp: :imp: :imp:

The first time Iā€™ve had the displeasure of using one of these hateful machines! Iā€™m sure that with familiarity it becomes second nature and Iā€™m sure some people will sing their praises. Quite simply those people are wrong! They are the same people who are doggedly hanging onto their Betamax video players and refuse to take down the squariel from their houses. :imp:

Quite why it feels the need to count down my driving time is beyond me, why not display a total of driving time and trust us to do the maths? Also what it and the dash displays bears no relation to what Iā€™ve actually driven that day. Iā€™ve had to do a printout every day just to work out my driving and working times. Tonight I parked up confident that I had it sussed and figured that Iā€™d driven for 9h 43 min. A printout revealed that I had in fact done 9h 11 min driving! :imp: :imp:

Hah, no stoneridgeā€™s for us, they get removed and proper ones put in as part of the deal whatever the lorry make.
Like you, i wouldnā€™t have the foggiest, half the time its touch and go if i can get me bloody card out of one without fetching a hammer and chisel.

Maoster was that you I saw going east at Stonehenge today mid afternoon?

Aurri:
Maoster was that you I saw going east at Stonehenge today mid afternoon?

Guilty as charged Mā€™lud. :smiley: . Had just loaded Warminster. What were you in mate?

A tiny white Nectar 7.5t go kart. As they wonā€™t let me out on the class 2 volvos atm. Not sure why though.

That scania looked ok think the G cab will suit darker colours.

4000miles miami and return 70mph most the way fuel mpg errrr. :smiley:

the maoster:
And now for the massive minus pointā€¦ The bloody Godawful Stoneridge Tacho. :imp: :imp: :imp:

The first time Iā€™ve had the displeasure of using one of these hateful machines! Iā€™m sure that with familiarity it becomes second nature and Iā€™m sure some people will sing their praises. Quite simply those people are wrong! They are the same people who are doggedly hanging onto their Betamax video players and refuse to take down the squariel from their houses. :imp:

Quite why it feels the need to count down my driving time is beyond me, why not display a total of driving time and trust us to do the maths? Also what it and the dash displays bears no relation to what Iā€™ve actually driven that day. Iā€™ve had to do a printout every day just to work out my driving and working times. Tonight I parked up confident that I had it sussed and figured that Iā€™d driven for 9h 43 min. A printout revealed that I had in fact done 9h 11 min driving! :imp: :imp:

What tacho in your normal truck?
Iā€™ve a Stoneridge Exact Duo and am quite happy with it. In the DAF you can put ā€œDrive Time - Daily Totalā€ on dash display and that matches exactly the tacho time.
Countdown on ferry movement is very useful too: It lets you know how hard you should be chewing your finger nails.

One more point in favour of the DAF?

Thatā€™ll be
DAF 2 pts vs SCANIA 768 pts
then.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Making or receive a phone call, turn up the volume with the radio volume button, I found this out when I couldnā€™t hear the caller and said I have to find a place to stop to hear them without the engine running.