New rules for recording drivers activities [Merged]

stevieboy308:
Stoneridge normally fitted in scanias ask rest till now,

It was mostly Scanias I drove during the last 8 or 9 years before I moved into other work, those and bin wagons, where of course card use wasn’t an issue.

So I got a response - below in italics… So the logbook/diary method is not acceptable. I think I’ll be OK to manually enter when working fortnightly, but when I’m not, it’d have to be one of the first 2 options below. Would it be easiest to buy a load of charts, or tacho rolls I wonder?

The record of other work must be either:
• written manually on a chart; or
• written manually on printout paper a digital or smart tachograph; or
• made by using the manual input facility of a digital or smart tachograph
It is not acceptable to use a logbook, timesheet or any other method to record other work and rest, the only 3 acceptable methods are those I have listed above. Training requirements relating to the operation of tachograph units can be sought from your operator/employer.
Keeping a full set of records is entirely for the purpose of road safety as it allows enforcement officers to ascertain that a driver has complied with all the driving/work limits and the rest requirements.

Goff118:
So I got a response - below in italics… So the logbook/diary method is not acceptable. I think I’ll be OK to manually enter when working fortnightly, but when I’m not, it’d have to be one of the first 2 options below. Would it be easiest to buy a load of charts, or tacho rolls I wonder?

The record of other work must be either:
• written manually on a chart; or
• written manually on printout paper a digital or smart tachograph; or
• made by using the manual input facility of a digital or smart tachograph
It is not acceptable to use a logbook, timesheet or any other method to record other work and rest, the only 3 acceptable methods are those I have listed above. Training requirements relating to the operation of tachograph units can be sought from your operator/employer.
Keeping a full set of records is entirely for the purpose of road safety as it allows enforcement officers to ascertain that a driver has complied with all the driving/work limits and the rest requirements.

When you finish a shift in a truck, say yes to 24 hour day when ejecting and it’ll give you a printout, pull some extra paper through before you tear it off if you want, take that with you and write your other work and rest records on the back as you go. When you next get back in a truck you’ll have a full record since you last ejected it, so say no to manual entry or no to rest till now, this will now record the gap on the card as ? Which is the only correct option as you have the record elsewhere perfectly legally.

stevieboy308:
When you finish a shift in a truck, say yes to 24 hour day when ejecting and it’ll give you a printout, pull some extra paper through before you tear it off if you want, take that with you and write your other work and rest records on the back as you go. When you next get back in a truck you’ll have a full record since you last ejected it, so say no to manual entry or no to rest till now, this will now record the gap on the card as ? Which is the only correct option as you have the record elsewhere perfectly legally.

Thanks! Will try that next time.